Lens 0.2.0 is ready

Michael Aufreiter

Oct 7, 2013, 6:18:51 AM10/7/13
to elife...@googlegroups.com
We've been busy in the past two months working on the next iteration of eLife Lens. The official release will be ready this week. However you can already checkout the latest release candidate at:

What's new in Lens 0.2.0?

- A manual for getting started
- A new client-side converter NLM converter using the browser-native DOM Parser interface
- An official spec of the Lens Article
- Improved rendering performance
- Improved zooming behavior
- Modularization: We've split Lens into 4 modules (Lens.Reader, Lens.Article, Lens.Outline, Lens.Converter)

Lens is now way easier to integrate, now that is 100% browser-based.

Please take a test drive and let us know if you spot any errors.

-- Michael

Alf Eaton

Nov 6, 2013, 9:38:54 AM11/6/13
to elife...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, 7 October 2013 11:18:51 UTC+1, Michael Aufreiter wrote:

Please take a test drive and let us know if you spot any errors.

I made this a few weeks ago and forgot to post it to the list: http://peerj.github.io/lens-demo/

It fetches a list of the latest PeerJ articles, and renders the selected article in Lens.

Seems to work nicely, apart from missing support for a few elements (e.g. <uri>).

I didn't get round to hooking up the "<" button, so that doesn't do anything at the moment...

Alf

Michael Aufreiter

Nov 6, 2013, 10:33:22 AM11/6/13
to elife...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Alf!

I've added the link to the Lens in the wild list.