Lens 0.2.x - Current status

Michael Aufreiter

Aug 22, 2013, 11:56:22 AM8/22/13
to elife...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone!

Just a little status update from the Lens modularisation front. I've completed the most critical pieces of the refactor and we have working build again. While it's not final, you should be able to run the new build and have an early look.

Please see the new Lens Manual which describes how to install the dev-stack.

We still need some time to connect the improved version of the converter, but until then you can have a look at the quick and dirty lorem_ipsum example document.

Also here's the auto generated Lens Article spec.

Please let me know if you have troubles installing. If you spot errors in the documentation or want to add something, you're more than welcome to help tweak the manual. It's written in markdown and the source file is located here: https://github.com/elifesciences/lens-manual/blob/master/manual.md

I've also started writing up some early ideas regarding a generic Library interface, that is going to be the new main entry point for Lens. See the "Lens Library" section in the manual.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Michael

Ian Mulvany

Aug 23, 2013, 6:44:52 AM8/23/13
to elife...@googlegroups.com
This looks really good. I'm about to head off on holiday, but I will have a look when I get back on the 3rd of September.