Should version information be in the metadata?

Ian Mulvany

Aug 9, 2016, 5:26:35 AM8/9/16
to elife-continuum-list
Currently version information is in the file names (this is probably the biggest thing I would change if we were to redo the system). Version information is also in the EIF. It is not in the XML, as we don't know ahead of time what version of an article an incoming XML is going to be, as it could be replaced before it gets to a published state. We could re-write the XML on publication to include the version information, but we just didn't get around to doing that.