Shunt values to enter in the settings of the SBMS0

Gareth George

Feb 4, 2021, 6:45:36 PM2/4/21
to electrodacus
Can someone please help. I've got brain jam and the more I look into the less clear it seems.

I have 2 of these. One for the main power and one for the solar.

RSB-200-100
Manufacturer
Riedon
Description
RES CHAS MNT 500 UOHM .25% 20W
Detailed Description
500 µOhms ±0.25% 20W Metal Element Chassis Mount Resistor

What value should I enter on the SBMS0 for the shunt values?

Or can someone let me know how you calculate what it should be?

shane pendergraft

Feb 4, 2021, 7:19:28 PM2/4/21
to electrodacus
On Page 7 of the SBMSOv03d PDF User Manual describes how to calculate shunt values for calibration
Unless i am mistaken

shane pendergraft

Feb 4, 2021, 7:24:08 PM2/4/21
to electrodacus
I am taking a stab at it being .5000

Gareth George

Feb 4, 2021, 7:43:18 PM2/4/21
to electr...@googlegroups.com
Great thats what I got. Have just been questioning myself.

.1v / 200a

Was wondering if you use the rated current (200) or the operating current from the data sheet (133) ?

As you see I'm probably over thinking things.

Dacian Todea

Feb 5, 2021, 12:13:16 AM2/5/21
to electrodacus
Your answer is already in the spec sheet you provided 500 µOhms  = 0.5000mOhm
And if you only had the rated current and the voltage output at that rated current then:
0.1V / 200A = 0.0005Ohm = 0.5000mOhm