MQTT message: ADC 2/3 vs ad2/3/4

Peter

May 21, 2024, 10:45:30 AMMay 21
to electrodacus
I am about to hook up some heat diversion and thought it might be interesting to monitor the diverted power through the yet unused ADC2/3 connectors (tracking the voltage and recalculating the current). This seems to work as expected in my test setup without any heat elements connected and gives me the open voltage of the panel.

My questions relates to the MQTT message, which delivers ad2, ad3 and ad4 values. I found that voltage measured at ADC3 is reported as ad3, but ADC2 is reported as ad4.

Is that how it is supposed to be and also what is the "other" adx value indicating (seems always 0).

Dacian Todea (electrodacus)

May 21, 2024, 2:12:10 PMMay 21
to electrodacus
Yes that is how it supposed to be as definitions of the ADx has changed over time. So yes the AD4 is actually the ADC2

Peter

May 26, 2024, 2:38:29 AMMay 26
to electrodacus
I was hoping for an additional measurement connection point. You cant have enough of those :-D
thanks for the info.