sbms0 no CFET or DFET activation

Robert Gulotta

Jun 14, 2024, 10:22:34 AMJun 14
to electrodacus
I ran into a problem while I was away where I had no charging and no power.  Upon returning home I found the sbms to have no cfet or dfet flags set, or anything else.  When I pulled a battery sense wire it did go into overvoltage lock and undervoltage lock based on misread cell voltages.  All the cells look fine, the sbms looks okay otherwise, nothing seems to be not working, but it just wont turn cfet or dfet on.

I pulled all of the wires out of it except the battery shunt, reset it numerous times, hit the factory reset option, etc.

Anything else I can do or is it just dead?  Could I be missing something?

Dacian Todea (electrodacus)

Jun 14, 2024, 5:45:49 PMJun 14
to electrodacus
Rob,

A photo of the page 1 of the monitoring screen will be useful in identifying what the problem is.
Sound like maybe one or more cell sense wires are not making contact at battery terminals. It will not make sense else to have both overvoltage and undevoltage lock.

Dacian Todea (electrodacus)

Jun 14, 2024, 9:21:16 PMJun 14
to electrodacus
Thanks for the photos.
Seems like you set a battery temperature limit but you did not installed at temperature sensor thus the reason charge and discharge is disabled.