Vistron MultiPlus vs MultiGrid

Paul Barrette

Dec 29, 2020, 8:25:14 AM12/29/20
to electrodacus
I have an SBMS0 and two DSSR's. I getting close to finish my battery build (recycled lifepo4 cells) and I am now getting close to being ready for the purchase of the inverter. I will go Victron for sure

I am looking at 240volt AC output and like the following model: https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-MultiGrid-3000VA-EN.pdf

MY QUESTION IS: Will a Victron MultiGrid work the same way a MultiPlus would with the SBMS0?

From what I understand the only difference between the MultiGrid 24-3000 (https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-MultiGrid-3000VA-EN.pdf) and the MultiPlus 24-3000 is the MPPT charge controler that I do not need since I have two DSSR's.

I am asking because there is a 500$ CAD difference in cost to go from a MultiGrid to a MultiPlus.

Thanks all

Dacian Todea

Dec 29, 2020, 1:31:46 PM12/29/20
to electrodacus
Paul,

I do not know what the differences are between Mutiplus and Multigrid but they look to be almost identical so I'm surprised that Multigrid costs less especially by that significant amount.
It seems both have the Aux 1 and 2 and likely both have the assistant so it should work the same. So yes the Multigrid will work I'm 99% sure but you can ask victron if you want to be sure.
Strange that is that much less expensive for what basically seems the same inverter.