Wiring DSSR20 and Battery Protect 65 in parellel for charger control

brianjonesphoto

May 25, 2021, 4:31:37 PMMay 25
to electrodacus

I'm about to add solar panels to my existing build in my camper. I've been using a BP-65 to control the AC charger and it's working well. Now I'd like to make sure I'm wiring the DSSR20 correctly. Currently both remote terminals of the BP65 are connected to the EXT IO4 terminals. I had assumed the DSSR20 worked the same way but now understand it need high signal to switch. I need to create a new circuit with a current limiting resistor (I have a 1.5k ohm resistor on hand) connect through the EXT IO4+ and IO4- terminals the to the DSSR20 as well as the "H" remote pin of the BP65.

Battery+>1.5K Ohm resister>ext IO4+>EXT IO4-> BP65 "H" pin and DSSR20 Batt

Do I understand this correctly?

Thank you.

Dacian Todea

May 25, 2021, 5:59:16 PMMay 25
to electrodacus
Yes your understanding is correct just add that 1.5KOhm on the battery+ the other side of resistor to EXT IO4+ and then EXT IO4- connected to DSSR20 Batt and H pin on the BP65