WiFi and SoftAP reset

Kohala Jim

Feb 8, 2021, 6:53:40 PM2/8/21
to electrodacus
Scanned the User Manual and I'm not finding any mention of WiFi credential reset?
Once provisioned as a client to a LAN, can I force the ESP32 back to it's softAP default without LAN access?

My scenario:
 - Provision to a Router/SSID as client in one location
 - Move the SBMS0 to a new location with new Router/SSID without reset of prior credentials

Dacian Todea

Feb 8, 2021, 7:02:26 PM2/8/21
to electrodacus
Jim,

Not sure but I think there is no way to reset to AP.   Robert may know better but I think the only fix is to connect to the old router or just flash the ESP32 with the firmware as that should delete all settings and return to default.

Robert Tagscherer

Feb 9, 2021, 3:52:01 AM2/9/21
to electrodacus
Hi Jim,
The ESP32 will fall back to AP mode if it could not find a WiFi to connect to after a few seconds.

Kohala Jim

Feb 9, 2021, 5:07:47 PM2/9/21
to electrodacus

On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 1:52:01 AM UTC-7, Robert Tagscherer wrote:
Hi Jim,
The ESP32 will fall back to AP mode if it could not find a WiFi to connect to after a few seconds.

Perfect... was looking how to address this as I'm moving and spinning up new router & AP
Ty, Robert!

Don Fukushima

Apr 10, 2021, 10:50:25 PM4/10/21
to electrodacus
I had the same situation today. I changed the router PW then the SBMS0 could not connect and there was no way to access the PW in the SBMS0 since it was not accessible. I could have shut off the other active router had I seen this message earlier but I reverted the PW in the router. The SBMS0 then reconnected to the router so I could gain access to the WiFi setting page. Beats hard reset of SBMS0, barely. lol