DSSR20 not turning on

Greg Norman

Jun 20, 2024, 2:59:08 PMJun 20
to electrodacus
Everything has been working great except now will not charge. I ran  some ac appliances to run down the battery and DSSR20 does not turn on. Solar panels are putting out about 33 volts. I also started van and DC-DC charge also and no charging note on SBMS0. Checked setting of EXTIO 3,4,5,6 all correct. Thermistor set at 1040 and 3000.

Greg Norman

Jun 20, 2024, 3:00:23 PMJun 20
to electrodacus
What should I check?

Greg Norman

Jun 20, 2024, 3:42:42 PMJun 20
to electrodacus
picture
June 20 2014.jpg

Dacian Todea (electrodacus)

Jun 20, 2024, 3:51:12 PMJun 20
to electrodacus
The SBMS0 shows both the charging and discharging are enabled.
Check that EXT IO4 is not disconnected (open circuit) maybe at the connectors either at SBMS0 or at the DSSR20.

Greg Norman

Jun 20, 2024, 5:08:53 PMJun 20
to electrodacus
EXTIO4 + has come loose. I checked the wire's conductivity, and there is none. It has a resistor 0.5W 10K Ohm in line. It's very hot here, so I need to check tomorrow morning. As always thanks for you help!

Greg Norman

Jun 21, 2024, 12:05:09 PMJun 21
to electrodacus
Reattached wire-everything's working great

Dacian Todea (electrodacus)

Jun 21, 2024, 12:16:47 PMJun 21
to electrodacus
Glad to hear that problem was solved.