Use the forum for any technical questions

Dacian Todea

Mar 10, 2021, 2:42:10 PM3/10/21
to electrodacus
Please use the forum for any technical questions as I will no longer reply to those over email.
I'm at a point where I spend an average of 5h per day to reply to emails and that is to much and continues to increase. I delayed taking this decision thinking is just temporary but that is not the case.
I will try to dedicate a full day per week to answer questions on the forum and hopefully I will be able to answer all if possible.
A full day per week is much more acceptable to me than an average of 5h per day answering emails tho I will assume I will still get some emails my time should be reduced at least to half.

I decided to make a search for some of the familiar names and was very surprised to find that with some I excharged close to 1000 emails. It was just sort of a random search and there may be others with even more emails but here are 4 examples (no names of course just number of emails we exchanged).
It takes me an average of 6 minutes to answer an email of course there is big variation some may only require one minute and some maybe more than half an hour.
Answering questions on the forum may benefit more people than just answering individual emails.

904.png
728.png
354.png
1237.png

Will OBrien

Mar 10, 2021, 3:31:53 PM3/10/21
to electrodacus
Thanks for all your hard work Dacian! It's appreciated.

Casey

Mar 10, 2021, 3:34:06 PM3/10/21
to electrodacus
Understood, and appreciated!  I admittedly sent you quite a few emails when I was first getting things figured out, with no electrical background and feeling quite overwhelmed.  Your willingness to respond with a wealth of information, patience, and friendliness always impressed me, but I think it probably took way too much of your time.  It's even more impressive that you are still here responding regularly to posts.  I think I could possibly be that 3rd screenshot above.  I did not know about this forum then - once I discovered this, I stopped sending personal emails.  I think it's better to post any questions here so that others can read them and learn (as I have since done from other posts on this forum), and hopefully you are troubled with the same questions less.

You offer service that no company does, which we really don't deserve.  Thank you sincerely for all that you have done, and take care of yourself first and foremost!

Dave McCampbell

Mar 13, 2021, 9:15:02 PM3/13/21
to electrodacus
Dacian.  I very much agree with you trying to answer most questions on this forum.  It is much better for all of us to see questions and answers for the Electrodacus system so that we can all learn together.  As you have seen the learning curve can be very steep.  I also think that the various beginners manuals and summaries that are being constructed now will be helpful for those of us that are electronics challenged.  And hopefully all this will greatly reduce the time you have to spend holding our hands to get our various projects completed.  Thankyou very much for all you are doing for the Electrodacus community.  Your reputation for customer support is spreading.  Dave