Troubles connecting sbms120 to a Victron Multiplus

Alvaro

Jan 11, 2021, 4:17:23 AM1/11/21
to electrodacus
Hello everyone. I'm having trouble trying to connect my sbsm120 to a Victron Multiplus 24/3000 using the EXIO3 of the sbms connected to the inverter's temp sense. When doing so, the fleet and absorption lights intermittently turn on, which according to the Victron manual, indicates that the temperature data of the batteries is illogical or the probe is incorrectly connected. I don't know if I need to configure something or I am doing something wrong. I am a newbie at this. Thanks for the help. Regards.

TheoW

Jan 11, 2021, 10:12:14 AM1/11/21
to electrodacus
I've never seen that message, but yes you do need to configure the Multiplus.  Basically you'll need to use VE Config to setup add and setup the Two-Signal BMS support Assistant.  That assistant lets you configure how the temp sense should act.

Dacian Todea

Jan 11, 2021, 1:47:26 PM1/11/21
to electrodacus
Alvaro,

As TheoW already mentioned you need to configure the Multiplus and this is the document showing how to do so https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-Connecting-other-lithium-battery-systems-to-Multis-and-Quattros-EN.pdf
You will also need to use the EXT IO4 to Aux also if you will be connected to grid and want to charge the battery from Multiplus.
All settings will be as shown in that example except for last two where you will select disable charger.

Alvaro

Jan 12, 2021, 1:20:09 PM1/12/21
to electrodacus
Thank you very much for the answers. I will buy the connection cable and configure the Victron as explained in the pdf.