Getting longer term log files.. ?

PeterBC

Jul 21, 2021, 12:07:25 AMJul 21
to electrodacus
I'm interested in getting the historical data logged by the SBMS0.
I've gone down the MQTT rabbit hole and have downladed and installed some 4 GB and dozens of apps and sub apps via Node Red and Mosquito from the Soggy Paws links. But yet to get that working.

I'd also modified the example HTML file to give me the display and the "Save Log" button. It saves a txt file with the encoded info.

Is this the full logged info thats saved ?  I gather its only since I enabled logging (by setting the date time !). I dont have a long run history as yet.

Has anyone an working example of local HTML that can decode this info to useful stuff I could import into excel for example ?

I'm out of my depth currently and barely treading water ... going under soon ..
Currently 1144 lines like so..
undefined8*-21<$%G=GGGIGEG@GGGHG?+$*]-#(g#######(I############$Bk%N(############################################################
8*-21<$%G=GGGHGDG@GGGGG>+.*]-#(e#######(G############$Bm%N(############################################################
8*-21>$%G=GFGHGDG@GGGGG?+)*]-#(]#######(G############$Bb%N(############################################################
8*-21@$%G<GGGHGDG@GGGGG?+'*]-#(\#######(F############$B`%N(############################################################
8*-21C$%G=GFGHGDGAGFGGG?++*^-#(^#######(D############$Bh%N(############################################################

It feels like I want the time but have a manual to build a swiss masterpiece mechanical watch...

rgds.. Pete

PeterBC

Jul 21, 2021, 12:49:44 AMJul 21
to electrodacus
Or even just modifying the SBMS.HTML sample provided (where did I find that !) to allow
picking different time periods (eg 24hrs , or even 72hrs) and /or dates (start date) ..
I presume Cell volts values are stored over time  etc ?

Anyone done any playing with that ? Seems the data is there, and the presentation logic is.. just needs a few enhancements to be able to display more of it other the live and last 12hrs charts of just Currents.. to Bat, PV, Loads etc ?

Dacian Todea

Jul 21, 2021, 1:54:44 PMJul 21
to electrodacus
Pete,

If what you want is the internal long therm stored data then you will need a serial monitor connected to the SBMS0 USB ready to receive data at the baud rate you set in the SBMS0 USART settings menu.
Then you will go to Internal-datalog menu select the month you want to download and push the Start data download button.  Your serial monitor should collect all the transmitted data and save in to a file that will be around 1.44MB
Inside that file you will find all the data in compressed format including the cell voltages logged at fixed 2 minutes interval.  SBMS0 will automatically start log data if you set the time and date and will store internally one year of data in a circular way so you always have the last year worth of  data assuming you set the time and date.

What you see in your file was the live data saved in to a file and   "8*-21C$%G=GFGHGDGAGFGGG?++*^-#(^#######(D############$Bh%N(" this is one set of data the multiple #### after are for DMPPT and since you do not have one of that that data is empty.
You can check the SBMS manual to understand what each of those compressed data means and how to decompress. There are exactly 59 characters and they contain date and time, SOC each cell voltage all currents so everything SBMS0 measures and based on that you can reconstruct anything you want.

On the internal SBMS0 stored data you will have h000 to h743 variables each of this represents one hour of data so  31 days x 24h = 744h total and each of those hours contains 30 sets of 59 characters as data is logged at 2 minutes intervals.
Once you download that data and decompress you can build graphs or whatever you want with the data.