I have already been inspired by your questions.
I have ordered 8 LiFePO4 cells (202Ah) and plan to do a 12v 2x4cell, 404Ah (s4)
I already have a SBMS0 Ian testing it on 4 x 0,6ah cells :-)
My situation is, that I am living I Denmark and my boat is in Croatia. We will go there from july and be sailing for a year.
Our boat is new for us.. so I do not yet know/remember the hole setup - it is a 40f Bavaria from 2000
I try to plan the LFP setup from home, and bring all the parts with us in July... that is a bit of a
On my boat I have:
- shore power (50A)
- wind generator (silent wind, 400W)
- solarpanels (4x150W panels)
- alternator (not known - but isolator is 70A)
- I will try to eliminate the house LA battery
( the idea about parallel LFP and LA battery seems however appealing)
After thinking my plan now is to:
- Control shore power with a SSR relay controlled by SBMS0
- Control solarpanels by cutting connection betwine panels and controller (silent wind hybrid 1000) with a Victron battery protection 65A
- Control windgenerator by adding a SSR by SBMS0 (making the manual break remote controlled on the Silent wind hybrid 1000)
Problems here is:
This control overcharging, but not protection against low voltage.
(after talking with Dacian, we agree that the load from break on windgenerator is so little, that it have no real effekt on LFP.
Load busbar will be managed by a Victron BP220
Protected by a DC/DC charger (20/40 depending on alternator max current
Keep a seperat start battery (GEL) only charged by the alternator - conected by an isolator.
Low voltage protection:
I will connect a relay just before the load busbar, controlled by SBMS0 (Victron BP220)
Here is an updated drawing!
what is your thoughts about this?
- what about the dimensions of the fuses?