Schneider electric inverter charger

Paul Barrette

Mar 21, 2021, 8:47:22 AM3/21/21
to electrodacus
I am looking at the SW4024-120-240 model that does 24 volts in and outputs 120 and 240 volt

It has a remote on off but am unsure if this will be compatible with the Electrodacus

I think it is required to have a seperate on/off for the inverter and for the charger.

Can someone confirm?

Dacian Todea

Mar 21, 2021, 1:33:27 PM3/21/21
to electrodacus
Paul,

That is an old design and I think not sure that it has no proper remote ON/OFF. At first I was going to say that it has remote ON/OFF for the inverter part as I was confusing it with Samlex EVO-4024
You may consider this as it is lower cost and lighter with higher surge capability https://www.amazon.ca/AIMS-Power-PWRIG500024120S-Inverter-Outlets/dp/B00NDCBLXC  but is only 120V or probably 240V not both. Those can only be found on inverters with transformers.
Why do you need both 120V and 240V ?

Paul Barrette

Mar 21, 2021, 2:29:13 PM3/21/21
to electrodacus
My critical loads panel needs to have split phase 120v/240v since on the panel I have a well pump that is connected at 240v. and the rest at 120v. I have been monitoring my panel for the last year and I never exceed 13.5 AMPS at 240V and my peak wattage never exceeds 3500 watts. I am trying to find an inverter/Charger that can:

Do both 120 and 240 (split phase) as I am in Quebec, Canada
Have an input from the grid at 240 volts
24v compitible for my pack (or course)
Have enough power to handle my loads (4000 watt range).
Remote on off compatible with the SBMS0

The only thing I found up to now is the LV2424 (https://www.mppsolar.com/v3/split-phase-lv/#) but I am trying to find something that does not include an MPPT as I will PV charging in the future with your DSSR units.

Do you have any other suggestions, or is this the only unit (actually 2 in this case) that can do what I need.

Paul Barrette

Mar 21, 2021, 2:37:30 PM3/21/21
to electrodacus
I just checked and I never peak to more than 2500 watts on a 120v leg and that load is for about 20 seconds every hour or so (when the pump fills my pressure tank)

Paul Barrette

Mar 21, 2021, 2:41:22 PM3/21/21
to electrodacus
I also do not mind (actually prefer it ) having separate units

Casey

Mar 21, 2021, 3:53:32 PM3/21/21
to electrodacus
Two Victron MultiPlus 24/3000's would provide plenty of output power for your needs, and allow 240V split-phase charging as well (each 120V leg connected to a different Multi).

Paul Barrette

Mar 21, 2021, 5:19:17 PM3/21/21
to electrodacus
Agreed I think... not sure they can do split phase but I think you are right.

How ever at 2000$ a piece... ouch

Casey

Mar 21, 2021, 5:37:29 PM3/21/21
to electrodacus
$1284 each on Amazon actually.  I have a slightly used one I'm looking to sell that I'll probably list on eBay pretty soon, as I'm upgrading to Quattro 5000s.  I found better deals on brand new Quattros on eBay than anywhere else so it's worth checking regardless.  They can indeed be configured to do split phase or even 3-phase, with up to 6 devices in parallel per phase...  For a simple split-phase configuration you connect the two with an ethernet cable and program one to be the master unit (this is the only one you need to connect the remotes to, voltage sense wires if you use them, etc.) and for them to work in split-phase configuration.  On the input side, you connect the same ground and neutral to both inverters, but L1 hot to one inverter and L2 hot to the other.  You'll need an MK3-to-USB adapter to program them, upgrade firmware if you care to. etc. which is an additional $70.  So altogether new pricing would be $2638.

Paul Barrette

Mar 21, 2021, 8:25:04 PM3/21/21
to electrodacus
Yes USD... I should have specified 2000$ CAD

Dacian Todea

Mar 22, 2021, 1:50:55 AM3/22/21
to electrodacus
Paul,

Do both 120 and 240 (split phase) as I am in Quebec, Canada
Have an input from the grid at 240 volts
24v compitible for my pack (or course)
Have enough power to handle my loads (4000 watt range).
Remote on off compatible with the SBMS0

Because you require grid charging your only option is Victron as combine inverter charger as those are thoe only one that have separate remote of inverter and charger and  integrate with an external two wire BMS like the SBMS0
Not sure if they have a split phase version (is possible they do as it will be easy to have as they are transformer based) but if not two inverter can be used as split phase.
Most people still use Lead Acid so there is no incentive to design new OFF grid inverter/chargers compatible with Lithium.  Most new inverters are grid tie inverters not offgrid.
You can of course also have a separate inverter that has remote ON/OFF (more options there) and then a separate grid charger with remote but maybe it will be less elegant.