LCD Display Mounting separately from BMS, possible?

Gilbert

May 30, 2021, 2:46:35 PM5/30/21
to electrodacus
I tried searching, but I don't think this topic been discussed before.
I am building out my camper and will like to install the beautiful LCD display along with all my other controls, while the BMS stays close to the Lifepo4 battery on the floor enclosed inside the bench seats (with ventilation of course)

Is this possible?

Or I need to extend the Battery cell sensing wires? (I worry this will change the readings of the current/voltage for long wires)

FYI, I estimate the distance of the Battery and LCD mounting location about 18-20ft.

Thanks all!

Nils

May 30, 2021, 3:19:50 PM5/30/21
to electrodacus
Hi Gilbert,

there was a very similar question in a thread some days ago where Dacian answered: https://groups.google.com/g/electrodacus/c/feb5T1-x2uI/m/BPFhKfWCAQAJ

I basically have the same "problem" in my van conversion. I will put the SBMS0 close to the battery as recommended. To get easy access to all the status I opted in for the WiFi module. (Which works awesome by the way). Might be an option for you as well.

Best,
Nils

Gilbert

May 30, 2021, 4:12:03 PM5/30/21
to electrodacus
Thank you Nils.
I did purchased the Wifi module as well, just that having the display at a glance is much better option, especially the LCD is so nice!
Will check out the other thread.