DSSR20 PV connections (no diversion)

Acercanto

Feb 1, 2021, 1:16:51 PM2/1/21
to electrodacus
So on my DSSR20 without diversion, the PV terminals are lebeled PV+ and Heat+. In the SBMS0 Manual, it shows PV- going to the spot labeled Heat+.
Just need some clarification before I hook it up and let the magic smoke out!

Acercanto

pvpanelnegative.jpg

Dacian Todea

Feb 1, 2021, 1:29:28 PM2/1/21
to electrodacus
The DSSR20 you have is v04d and that has his own user manual. The limited edition DSSR20 v03 was included only the in initial SBMS0 user manual.
There will be no magic smoke no matter how you connect it but the version you have needs to be connected as shown in the DSSR20 user manual.
Also you are looking at the wrong SBMS0 user manual as you have the new version of SBMS0 and this is the manual for that https://electrodacus.com/SBMS0/SBMS0v03d.pdf
As you have the DSSR20 without diversion the Heat+ connection will remain unused and also on the small grey connector only the Batt connection will be connected to EXT IO4- while EXT IO4+ will need to be connected trough a resistor to battery+ as shown in the DSSR20 user manual page 7 figure b)

Acercanto

Feb 1, 2021, 1:55:41 PM2/1/21
to electrodacus
Ah, okay. Thanks! That's a bit different than I was thinking. Glad I asked. I've been following the development for so long that my manual that I was working from was the previous version. Guess I'll add a resistor to my Digikey order before I put it in.

Much appreciated
Acercanto

Acercanto

Feb 1, 2021, 8:51:07 PM2/1/21
to electrodacus
Another quick question: Does it matter where EXTIO4+ is connected to Battery+? For example, could I just plug it into the large Battery+ connector with the other wire? That line is downstream of the PV disconnect, but I don't know if that matters.

Dacian Todea

Feb 1, 2021, 8:55:38 PM2/1/21
to electrodacus
Is not important where you get the Battery+ from just make sure to add a resistor between battery+ and EXT IO4+

Acercanto

Feb 1, 2021, 9:00:14 PM2/1/21
to electrodacus
Got it. Thanks!