MQTT S2 topic

GLASHINC Developments

Jul 17, 2021, 12:31:16 PM7/17/21
to electrodacus
Good day all,

I am using a SBMS0 and I have configured the MQTT output.

I am getting messages on the sbms topic but I am not getting any messages on the s2 topic.  The s2 topic is supposed to have information about which cells are being currently balanced.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Pictures of my configuration and the output that I am getting are attached.  The output was taken at a point when balancing is currently happening.

Topic.PNG
MQTT Capture.PNG
MQTT Server.PNG
MQTT Capture 2.PNG

Soggy Paws

Jul 18, 2021, 3:46:18 AM7/18/21
to electrodacus
I was not aware there WAS an s2 topic!  Am getting balancing info on the Legacy screen, for sure, but have never looked for an s2 message via MQTT.  Right now the clouds are out and I've got negative charging going on, so I don't know if I'll have an opportunity to look at this on my system until tomorrow.  There IS code looking for s2 in the main.cpp on Github:

else if(uartEvent == "s2") //this guarantees the variable is stored in the varStore so we can get it
{
auto s2array = varStore.getVar("s2");
if(s_mq_enabled && data_s2_enabled) mqtt.publish((s_mq_prefix + "s2").c_str(), s2array.c_str());
}

But it doesn't use the same publish steps as the main /sbms topic.  Maybe it was never fully implemented??