Font size

Alexandre Rusev

Feb 25, 2022, 4:05:10 PM2/25/22
to electr...@googlegroups.com

Does the current Electric have a capability to change font size of signatures in the
tree at the left frame?
(Using the UI with default font size is very difficult on modern notebooks with 4K resolution screens
)

Gavin

Feb 26, 2022, 8:43:11 PM2/26/22
to Electric VLSI Editor
At [1], it has: The Electric display varies from platform to platform.

That might be an indication of the font size not being changeable within Electric.

If you are using a Windows 10 platform, you might try Scale and layout to see if that would work for you as described at [2] (e.g., right click on the Windows button, select Settings -> System -> Display, and adjust the percentage in the box for the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items").

Focusassist-10.jpg

Alexandre Rusev

Feb 27, 2022, 8:47:04 AM2/27/22
to electr...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

I know that Ialso can substitute other font in font.properties in my Java runtime.
I still want to control separately fonts in the trip and menus.

Currently I'm not ready to addthis functionality to Electric code myself.
I am concentrating on analog components support in MOCMOS for H8 process I'm using

And I typically do not run Electric in windows. Yet I understood your Idea - "change default desktop font in your system".
My be it will be temporary workaround for my issue, yet it also affects other applications.

Thank you,
         Alex

Steven Rubin

Feb 27, 2022, 11:34:00 AM2/27/22
to electr...@googlegroups.com

The version of Electric in the Savannah repository now has scaling control. It works on Windows machines, but remains untested on Macs and Linux boxes.

If you download and build, you will see a new Preference in the "Display / Display Control" section called "Overall screen scale". This value defaults to 1, but can be set to any larger value (1.5 or 2.0 for example) to expand everything (text AND graphics) by that factor. Works great on 4K monitors.

If I can get some of you to help with the other operating systems, I will make a new release of Electric (a long time coming) and get this important feature out.

   -Steven Rubin

Alexandre Rusev

Feb 28, 2022, 10:48:47 AM2/28/22
to electr...@googlegroups.com
Tested feature "Overall screen scale" "Display / Display Control"

Version:
r278 | strubin | 2022-02-11 02:04:25 +0300 (Fri, 11 Feb 2022) | 1 line
Added "shorten" button to Inductance Management

Environment:
tested from eclipse and as standalone jar application
Linux debian 4.19.0-18-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.208-1 (2021-09-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Found issues:
1  Defaut value of parameter is 0 instead of 1.0  (in UI)
2  Scale of fonte, graphics of whatever seem to not react on the parameter change.
    After cold restart of electric the scale value preserves the value I set in previous section,
    but it looks like that no reaction on the value

Steven Rubin

Feb 28, 2022, 11:21:43 AM2/28/22
to electr...@googlegroups.com

Which version of Java are you using? Electric conforms to Java 8, but this feature demands 10 or possibly later.

   -Steven Rubin

Alexandre Rusev

Feb 28, 2022, 2:45:02 PM2/28/22
to electr...@googlegroups.com
 Oops!

 I'm really used 1.8 and keeping in mind the conformance to this version didn't even point it aout
along other features of my test environment. Sorry

 Verified with JDK1.3  - WORKS FOR ME !!!
 Yet I didn't verify that default value of "UI lambda scale" is 1.0 instead of 0.

 What a new API was used to implement this feature?

 The minor issue is that icon in the tree are scaled up with some default Javax  2D filter so htat they look
 like  a bit discrete
image.png