Not able to select P/N Well Node

student_learner

Jul 16, 2021, 3:42:57 PM7/16/21
to Electric VLSI Editor
Hi,

I'm not able to select well nodes, i put them in my layout but unable to move them now as electric is not allowing me to select them. Please help.

Thanks,
SL

Gavin Abo

Jul 16, 2021, 10:55:25 PM7/16/21
to electr...@googlegroups.com
The Electric cmosedu tutorials at [1] or Electric manual pages such as
[1,2] can probably help you with that.

As seen at [2], it might be under "Editing Modes" that you need the
selection icon selected and under "Object or Area" that you may need the
Object icon selected.  Or if the well is under an object and not
selectable, you may need to hold the Ctrl key and left click the mouse
to cycle to select an object underneath as described at [3].

[1] http://cmosedu.com/videos/electric/electric_videos.htm
[2] https://www.staticfreesoft.com/jmanual/mchap04-01.html
[3] https://www.staticfreesoft.com/jmanual/mchap02-01-01.html

Steven Rubin

Jul 16, 2021, 11:22:59 PM7/16/21
to electr...@googlegroups.com
It may be that the wells and select layers are "hard to select" which is
a feature that makes unimportant stuff not selectable unless you take
extra steps.

Read here: https://www.staticfreesoft.com/jmanual/mchap02-01-05.html

   -Steven Rubin