Java 3D and Electric Graphing Tool

Martin Njoroge

Oct 27, 2022, 11:34:37 AM10/27/22
to Electric VLSI Editor
Hi all. I am running electric 9.07 on windows 10 22H2, and also have java 19.0.1 and java 3d 1.5.1x64. I however cannot find java 3d on the electric plugins, Also, the tool does not launch its plot viewer after simulation on LTSpiceVII. Please help

Steven Rubin

Oct 27, 2022, 12:19:09 PM10/27/22
to electr...@googlegroups.com

Java3D is not in the Electric plugins, it is a Java add-on. And you don't need 3D to do circuit design, it's just for "pretty" views of a circuit that are not terribly useful for standard design. As to launching the plot viewer, you have to set that up in the Spice Preferences.

   -Steven Rubin

On 10/27/2022 11:33 AM, Martin Njoroge wrote:
Hi all. I am running electric 9.07 on windows 10 22H2, and also have java 19.0.1 and java 3d 1.5.1x64. I however cannot find java 3d on the electric plugins, Also, the tool does not launch its plot viewer after simulation on LTSpiceVII. Please help

Gavin

Oct 30, 2022, 3:20:00 PM10/30/22
to Electric VLSI Editor
Hello,

I tried the JAVA 3D plugin with Electric 9.07 in Windows 10 22H2, and it works as seen in the attachment.

Kind Regards,
Gavin
Electric VLSI user
Electric Java 3D Win 10 22H2 Install.pdf

Martin Njoroge

Oct 30, 2022, 4:12:54 PM10/30/22
to electr...@googlegroups.com
Thankyou. I had installed Java jdk 19 before. Do I have to remove it because I did the exact same steps in the guide but still no 3D plugin

Gavin

Oct 30, 2022, 5:11:02 PM10/30/22
to Electric VLSI Editor
If the JDK 19 is overriding the JRE 8, then yes removing it should be a way to resolve the conflict between them.

Kind Regards,
Gavin
Electric VLSI user

Martin Njoroge

Oct 30, 2022, 5:36:51 PM10/30/22
to electr...@googlegroups.com
I removed it. It did work. If I may inquire further, what about the electric graphing window? I haven't been able to set it up.

Gavin

Oct 30, 2022, 7:24:42 PM10/30/22
to Electric VLSI Editor
For Electric 9.07, LTspiceIV [1] would be needed.

I think it was LTspiceXVII (version 17.0.21.0) that we got Electric to work with in the past, but the Electric development version (9.08b) had to be built from the trunk source code at [2] for it to work. My guess is that the latest LTspice64 (version 17.0.35.0) [3] will likely work with Electric 9.08b, but I haven't tried it.

Kind Regards,
Gavin
Electric VLSI user

Joselito Morallo

Oct 30, 2022, 8:47:57 PM10/30/22
to electr...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for sharing this tool 3D integration manual, it will be helpful for ELECTRIC VLSI chip design engineers and developers as well as process simulation and development in fab/foundry.

This is an encouragement to Electric VLSI community of engineers and source code developers to start and continue to innovate. Just like as Google-Skywater-OpenSourceEDA(Magic, etc) as an example collaborated 10 yrs ago (FPGA, IP Core, Analog and Digital Cores) now comes into fruition in their MPW 1 TO 6...and moving forward.

ELECTRIC VLSI earlier started development this CHIP design tools and innovations of this EDA tools need to propel other industries not only the academe and research.
DECODE-RECODE could be the best activoties in embracing more technology to ELECTRIC VLSI to the community and industry.

Sincerely

Joslelito
SoC Advocate RISCV.org
Philippines