Electric on MacOS

Ash

Jun 2, 2022, 10:40:28 PM6/2/22
to Electric VLSI Editor
I had Electric installed on my old MacBook back in 2017.

Fast forward to now, I have a iMac with the new M1 chip and Monterey OS. I installed Electric via Macports. I have installed Java Oracle JDK11. But, I cannot get electric to open. Any advice (p.s. I am a student).

Thank you in advance.

Steven Rubin

Jun 3, 2022, 9:01:56 AM6/3/22
to electr...@googlegroups.com

Electric definitely needs a new Mac interface, but unfortunately, we don't have any developers who are savvy about Java on the newer Macs. So unless you want to dive into the code, or someone else on the forum is willing, I'm afraid I can't help you get it running. I don't have a Mac and am unfamiliar with it, so I can advise, but I cannot finish the job.

   -Steve Rubin

Michel S.

Jun 3, 2022, 7:15:45 PM6/3/22
to electr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ash,

A good solution is to install it over a lite Linux (like Bodhi) Virtual Machine. For the VM you can use VirtualBox.

Regards.
Michel Sayde

sudheer k Muhammed

Jun 6, 2022, 6:32:50 AM6/6/22