new constituencies

1 view

Anand Chitipothu

Apr 8, 2009, 10:18:11 PM4/8/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
Since I have crawled only the past election records, new
constituencies that are added recently are not available on the site.

Deepak/Chinmay, can you please provide the list of constituencies
along with state codes from the map data?

Is anybody interested to get the list of candidates contesting for the
elections now?

Anand

R Prabhakar

Apr 8, 2009, 11:08:38 PM4/8/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The data is just coming up on the ec site. The site is very buggy.
And the candidate data is retrieved only through a query interface.

Are there other sites from where this data can be fetched??

Also, let us get a first version of the site with data already
available with us.

I will see how the census data can be incorporated into
constituencies map.

Any comments on the new design sent by Sam??

Prabhakar

Deepak Deshpande

Apr 9, 2009, 1:55:55 AM4/9/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
Anand,

We need to create landing page. Currently, it just says "Summary come here".
It also needs instructions to user "Select constituency on map or search by
name in search box" or something similar. Also "About" link is a dead link.
We should also say somewhere "powered by map locator platform"

Deepak
> --
> believed to be clean.

Anand Chitipothu

Apr 9, 2009, 2:26:50 AM4/9/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
> We need to create landing page. Currently, it just says "Summary come here".
> It also needs instructions to user "Select constituency on map or search by
> name in search box" or something similar. Also "About" link is a dead link.

I'm still thinking about what to add in the main page.

And yes, we need to think about the about page.
Shall we start writing the text for about page here?

http://etherpad.com/i7zWbG9LNs

> We should also say somewhere "powered by map locator platform"

http://electionspot.futurelabs.in/mh currently says "map provided by GS Lab".

I can change it to "Map powered by map locator platform". Do you have
a link that I can point to?

R Prabhakar

Apr 9, 2009, 2:32:28 AM4/9/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
Dear GS Lab folks,

It is best to have the attribution for the map
on the map canvas itself.

There is support for attribution in OpenLayers that
will occur on the map.

It should say "Driven by Open Source maplocator platform"
or some such with a link to the map locator page on gslab.com

How about it??

Prabhakar