next steps

R Prabhakar

Apr 7, 2009, 10:07:18 PM4/7/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com, Shridhar Shukla
Hi,

I think we have almost everything in place to get the electionsopt
site and show it to a few people. Here are the tasks that need to
be done to get site up and running:

 - Sam to send in the second version of the design.
 - The map component to be cleaned up.
 - Integration of map component with the constituency page
 - deployment on machine in Pune data center. (203.199.134.157)

 - data enrichment effort to start by contact with other agencies and
   local curation.

Does it sound like a plan?? Can we get this done today??

Prabhakar

Chinmay Bokil

Apr 8, 2009, 4:36:46 AM4/8/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com, Shridhar
Hi :
        Following changes have been updated on staging server
1. Click event added on map page which would set the href of the parent to the url with the format '<domain>/<state>/Constituency>'.
2. If there is no parent window then the code just reloads the map page to show up selected state with constituency highlighted . This is just for testing if anybody wants to look at only map component through http://122.170.127.7/KMAP/kmap.html .
3. Anand,
        On each reload you need to set the src of the iframe to above url  with following arguements :
        1. s=<state_code> ( eg s=mh)
        2. c=<constituency_name> ( eg c=pune)
     eg in above case url would be http://122.170.127.7/KMAP/kmap.html?s=mh&c=pune
4. I think the map iframe can be stylized in more better way ( like change width and height) so that constituencies can be clearly identified.
After we finalize the layout of the iframe we may need to revisit the map page to adjust the map location to the center of the div with appropriate zoom level.

Regards,
Chinmay.
believed to be clean.

R Prabhakar

Apr 8, 2009, 5:15:51 AM4/8/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Chinmay,

Can you please explore

1. A handle to colour by on teh map.

2. Some ideas on how we can get the census data from our census layer
into the PC layer.

Thanks

Prabhakar

Deepak Deshpande

Apr 8, 2009, 5:25:09 AM4/8/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com, Shridhar

All,

Chinmay and I discussed the modalities of taking the election site live with Anand and Prabhakar. Here are the steps:

1)       Map component updated and deployed to the staging server – Chinmay (Done)

2)       Constituency component updated to send proper URL to map component – Anand(Done)

3)       We have first version of UI. If Sam does not send updated UI today, install that on the constituency component – Anand

4)       Deployment will be done on staging server and futurelabs.in, so www.electionspot.in should point to electionspot.futurelabs.in. Anand to send IP address to Atul N.

Following features will be added over next few days:

1)       Ability to color state map by constituency attributes.

2)       Get census data in map component database- either physical copy or via interface.

Deepak

        Following changes have been updated on staging server

1. Click event added on map page which would set the href of the parent to the url with the format '<domain>/<state>/Constituency>'.

2. If there is no parent window then the code just reloads the map page to show up selected state with constituency highlighted . This is just for testing if anybody wants to look at only map component through MailScanner warning: numerical links are often malicious: http://122.170.127.7/KMAP/kmap.html .

     eg in above case url would be MailScanner warning: numerical links are often malicious: http://122.170.127.7/KMAP/kmap.html?s=mh&c=puneMailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from "122.170.127.7" claiming to be

R Prabhakar

Apr 8, 2009, 6:26:40 AM4/8/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com, Shridhar
Good.

let us get this up today.

Prabhakar

R Prabhakar

Apr 8, 2009, 6:27:40 AM4/8/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, one more bit of information.

I spoke to sam. he will deliver the next version of UI
later today.

Prabhakar

Deepak Deshpande

Apr 8, 2009, 11:10:03 PM4/8/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com

As of now, UI is still not updated on electionspot.futurelabs.in. Andna, are we still waiting for something?

Also, DNS redirect still does not seem to be working. www.electionspot.in still shows “Under construction”

Deepak

2. If there is no parent window then the code just reloads the map page to show up selected state with constituency highlighted . This is just for testing if anybody wants to look at only map component through MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from "122.170.127.7" claiming to be MailScanner warning: numerical links are often malicious: http://122.170.127.7/KMAP/kmap.html .