constituency URLs

Anand Chitipothu

Apr 3, 2009, 3:47:55 AM4/3/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com, Deepak Deshpande
Deepak,

I generated URLs for all constituencies that I have in the database.
http://anandology.com/tmp/electionspot/constituency_urls.txt

Can you use them to redirect from map component?

Also, can you provide map URL for each constituency so that I can
embed correct maps?

Thanks,
Anand

Deepak Deshpande

Apr 3, 2009, 4:00:22 AM4/3/09
to Anand Chitipothu, electi...@googlegroups.com, Chinmay Bokil
Anand,

We will use this URL info and also provide you map URL. Keep Chinmay in the
loop as he is updating the code for this.

Deepak

> --
> believed to be clean.

Anand Chitipothu

Apr 3, 2009, 4:29:03 AM4/3/09
to Deepak Deshpande, electi...@googlegroups.com, Chinmay Bokil
Chinmay,

Can you join the mailing list?

Anand

Anand Chitipothu

Apr 6, 2009, 1:42:36 AM4/6/09
to Chinmay Bokil, Deepak Deshpande, electi...@googlegroups.com
> Hi Anand :
>                    I have created a barebone html page for kmap which would
> just show base wms layer with minimal javascripts  being downloaded.
>
> I have added a click handler functionality which shows the corrosponding
> state for the selected constituency.
>
> Further work is still in process but meanwhile you can take a look at the
> url
>
> http://122.170.127.7/KMAP/kmap.html and embed it in your page.

Thanks Chinmay. I have updated the map urls in the test site.

http://electionspot.futurelabs.in

> Also can you send me a request to join the google groups as I want to
> receive the mails on gs lab's maild id.

Done.

Anand Chitipothu

Apr 6, 2009, 8:21:59 AM4/6/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com, Chinmay Bokil
Chinmay,

I have uploaded the data for states, constituencies in tsv format.

http://anandology.com/tmp/electionspot/state.txt
http://anandology.com/tmp/electionspot/constituency.txt

Let me know if you need anything else.

Anand

Chinmay Bokil

Apr 6, 2009, 9:00:08 AM4/6/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com, Deepak Deshpande
Hi Anand:
Thanks. I will take a look at it tomorrow morning.
Meanwhile I have updated the map page with following changes :
1> The selected constituency is now shown highlighted in the state level
map.
2> The map is now zoomed in to the state's extent.

As per our coversation these items we have discussed today :

1. We need the data for state code (mh,up etc) to be inserted in our db
through which we can construct urls in the req. format.
2. We need to finilize on the mechanism to transfer data between two db's.
We discussed on having a copy of the required data in our db as link tables.

Please add any inputs / feedback if anybody can identify any issues.

Regards,
Chinmay.

Chinmay Bokil

Apr 7, 2009, 8:58:11 AM4/7/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com, Deepak Deshpande
Hi Anand:
I have created a script to load the state codes which
you had sent yesterday. Also I was successful in getting the the state codes
in the DB.

So the map page on click event would set the href of the parent to url
something like 'domain/mh/pune'.

On each reload you need to set the src of the iframe to our url with
following url arguements :
1. s=<state_code> ( eg s=mh)
2. c=<constituency_name> ( eg c=pune)

I have taken care of formatting issues regarding constituency name, so that
you need not reformat those, by referring to the url list you had sent.

I have not updated the code to staging server as it still under progress.

Regards,
Chinmay.

Anand Chitipothu

Apr 7, 2009, 9:02:14 AM4/7/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com, Deepak Deshpande
> I have not updated the code to staging server as it still under progress.

Please let me know once there is something that I can play with.