FW: India Election Map Portal from GS Lab

Deepak Deshpande

Apr 13, 2009, 6:24:41 AM4/13/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com

Below is a feedback from one of Shridhar’s friend.

Where are we in terms of adding more data? Adding affidavit data in the database is extremely laborious process and so I am not sure if sites which have done such efforts (like myneta.info or http://www.empoweringindia.org/new/home.aspx) are willing to share the data. In fact, empoweringindia  people asked me if we are willing to help them enter affidavit data in their database.

Deepak

Apr 13, 2009, 6:48:20 AM4/13/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
I spoke to Sridhar Pabbisetty, the coordinator of Karnataka Election
watch regarding this and he suggested me to crawl data from
myneta.info. So I don't think there will be any issue in using their
data.

We can get earlier criminal records from http://www.nocriminals.org/.
http://www.nocriminals.org//list_of_mps_2004_original.xls

Anand

Deepak Deshpande

Apr 14, 2009, 5:08:56 AM4/14/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com

Anand,

Are you working to crawlers to get this data(and census/criminal/candidate
data) in electionspot database? Once we have more data, we will need to
work on enhancing messaging between text and map components so to enable
highlighting multiple constituencies and color coding them in map view.

Also, what is the update on landing page and about page changes?

Deepak

Anand Chitipothu

Apr 14, 2009, 5:21:33 AM4/14/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
2009/4/14 Deepak Deshpande <dee...@gslab.com>:

> Anand,
>
> Are you working to crawlers to get this data(and census/criminal/candidate
> data) in electionspot database?  Once we have more data, we will need to
> work on enhancing messaging between text and map components so to enable
> highlighting multiple constituencies and color coding them in map view.

I crawled the affidavit data. Need to parse it.
I don't think there is anything to crawl for census data, it just need
to be aggregated based on tahsil boundaries.

Can you implement a way to display legend in the map? It is important
to know what each color means in the map.

> Also, what is the update on landing page and about page changes?

I think Prabhakar is working on it. Prabhakar any update?

R Prabhakar

Apr 14, 2009, 10:54:04 AM4/14/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
Apologies.

I was away in the weekend.

I have starting working and collected part of the material.

Will try and finish up tomorrow.

Prabhakar