two things before we put it out!!

R Prabhakar

Apr 9, 2009, 9:27:29 AM4/9/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Anand,

The site looks good. When are we putting it out??

1. We need to change the icon for INC.
All parties now show teh BJP icon

Chinmay,

1. Can you please also disable the scroll zoom function.
we do not want any zoom or pan function.

2. Can you put the proper attribution to the map and
put it in the map canvas.

Other features can wait.

Thanks

Prabhakar

Anand Chitipothu

Apr 9, 2009, 9:29:30 AM4/9/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
> 1. Can you please also disable the scroll zoom function.
> we do not want any zoom or pan function.

why?

R Prabhakar

Apr 9, 2009, 9:36:54 AM4/9/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
Inadvertently scrolling the page starts to
zoom the map and it goes out of view.

We also removed the zoom controls on the map.

Prabhakar

Anand Chitipothu

Apr 9, 2009, 9:43:24 AM4/9/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
2009/4/9 R Prabhakar <prabha.p...@gmail.com>:

> Inadvertently scrolling the page starts to
> zoom the map and it goes out of view.
>
> We also removed the zoom controls on the map.

Whats the problem in keeping it like embedded google maps?

R Prabhakar

Apr 9, 2009, 9:53:20 AM4/9/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
There are really no features below the polgons that you see,
while in google, if you zoom in you will see more and more...

Prabhakar

Chinmay Bokil

Apr 9, 2009, 10:20:29 AM4/9/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
Hi :
        I also agree in keeping the zoom functionality.
Another reason being - I have added the labling functionility to the state polygons and hence state level map shows up with constituency names embeded in it. Now, Mapserver decides on its own whether to show the lable depending on the size of the polygon and constituency name. So to see all the constituency names we need to zoom in to that area.

Regards,
Chinmay.
believed to be clean.

R Prabhakar

Apr 9, 2009, 10:30:23 AM4/9/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
OK.

Let us put it out and let us see... You will also need to put the
zoom and extent controls. And the extent control should
zoom to filtered extent, right??

Prabhakar

Chinmay Bokil

Apr 13, 2009, 5:10:15 AM4/13/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anand:
I came across a bug on the election portal. If we try
click on "Solapur" on the map the parent window throws an error. On further
investigation it was found that there is a name mismatch in the two DBs. The
one you have has "Sholapur" while one we have has "Solapur" entry. Can you
please update the entry in your DB as the correct pronouciation/spelling is
"Solapur" not "SH" .

Regards,
Chinmay.
>                    I came across a bug on the election portal. If we try
> click on "Solapur" on the map the parent window throws an error. On further
> investigation it was found that there is a name mismatch in the two DBs. The
> one you have has "Sholapur" while one we have has "Solapur" entry. Can you
> please update the entry in your DB as the correct pronouciation/spelling is
> "Solapur" not "SH" .

That data came from eci.gov.in.
http://eci.nic.in/electionanalysis/GE/PartyCompWinner/S13/partycomp37.htm

I'll fix it.