some comments on electionspot.in

Atul Narkhede

Apr 20, 2009, 1:23:31 AM4/20/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
I tried out elecspot.in today morning.
Here are a couple of comments/observations

1. home page: it is not apparent that the
india map is clickable. Ex. for hyperlinks,
the cursor changes to hand-cursor to indicate
it is clickable, but on the map, it stays
as a normal pointer.

Can we change this? Else, clearly have a message
'click on constituency'

2. The map zooms inexplicably when viewing
constituency data. This is very confusing.
Can the zooming be removed (or made only
on user choice like the rest of icons present
on the map)?

3. A bunch of internal errors popup at several
places.

http://electionspot.futurelabs.in/states
http://electionspot.futurelabs.in/JH/dumka
http://electionspot.futurelabs.in/UK/tehri_garhwal

We need to go live ASAP given that
the voting has already started? Can we target
end-of-day today (Monday) for this?

Thanks,
Atul

Anand Chitipothu

Apr 20, 2009, 7:28:53 AM4/20/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
> 3. A bunch of internal errors popup at several
>    places.
>
>        http://electionspot.futurelabs.in/states
>        http://electionspot.futurelabs.in/JH/dumka
>        http://electionspot.futurelabs.in/UK/tehri_garhwal

Fixed the internal errors.
New constituencies that are added newly are still missing from the
site. I'll try to fix it by today and try to load the info about the
contesting candidates.

Can we remove "Powered by Open Source MapLocator platform" from the
map? It is adding a scrollbar because its going out of the map bounds.
Since there is no web page for Map Locator, why not go ahead with "Map
provided by GS Lab" at the bottom of the map?

Anand