Is there anything we can do?

NoIRV

Jan 12, 2018, 7:07:06 PM1/12/18
to The Center for Election Science
The IRV propagandists continue to push their agenda.
http://www.fairvote.org/ranked_choice_voting_expands_in_2018

*sigh* I count 18 (probably a mis-count, as were 12, 14, and 15) states that have 2017 legislation for IRV, and 8 (again, probably a mis-count) states where cities (or the entire Maine) already appear to use Illusory Reform Voting.

We need to make more resources that are recent (e.g. rangevoting.org is extremely outdated in places especially "Iowa 2008") and that are understandable by people other than nerds and college students... hopefully the "cure" will successfully conquer the "epidemic" (IRV).

Steve Cobb

Jan 13, 2018, 9:37:12 AM1/13/18
to The Center for Election Science
I'm making just this point now to the CES board. While 18 states currently have IRV legislation, only one has AV legislation: New Hampshire. However, only the IRV bill is getting press coverage:
http://nhpr.org/post/slate-bills-could-change-nh-election-lawsagain
Both bills are due out of committee at the end of February, and coincidentally at the beginning of February is a conference with many New Hampshire activists and politicians, the New Hampshire Liberty Forum. I have proposed that we sponsor it, exhibit, and host a panel discussion. The next quarterly CES board meeting is tomorrow; we'll see how it goes.