Can we do anything to help Fargo with their elections going forward?

Rob Wilson

Jan 2, 2019, 3:10:52 PM1/2/19
to The Center for Election Science

Since Fargo is the first city to use approval voting, I think it is in our best interest to help make sure it goes smoothly. Is there anything we can do to help voters get information about candidates and organize around issues? Maybe some of us can volunteer for Ballotpedia to make sure it is up to date on candidate information for future elections including all endorsements.

Perhaps we can try to make our own election website for Fargo which would do the followng:

1) Allow for the organization of voting bloc groups. These groups can be a guide for voters which endorse and grade each candidate with an explanation for their judgment.

2) Allow candidates to have their own space to make their case. Also, give them their own discussion board to debate each other throughout the campain.

3) Allow voters to see each voting bloc group or newspaper each candidate is endorsed by. Also, allow voters to score each voting bloc group and get a list of candidates the voter should approve based on their scores of voting bloc groups and those group’s own rating of candidates.