Sessions Letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee

Brian Langstraat

Mar 8, 2017, 12:51:22 PM3/8/17
to The Center for Election Science
During Attorney General Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III's recusal news conference on Thursday, March 2nd, he stated:
"I will write the Judiciary Committee soon, today (3/2) or tomorrow (3/3), to explain this testimony for the record."

On Monday, March 6th, Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III eventually sent the Senate Judiciary Committee the letter that he promised.  A copy of this letter is attached. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/03/06/sessions-updates-testimony-to-congress-insists-he-was-correct-to-say-he-had-no-communication-with-russians-in-campaign/?utm_term=.81e5390163f5

While this letter has many noteworthy portions, the key paragraph in the letter was on the second page:
"My answer was correct. As I noted in my public statement on March 2, 2017, I was surprised by the allegations in the question, which I had not heard before. I answered the question, which asked about a "continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government," honestly. I did not mention communications I had had with the Russian Ambassador over the years because the question did not ask about them."

Two paragraphs earlier within the letter, Senator Franken asked, "if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?" instead of asking about a "continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government,".
Obvioulsy, Senator Session gave a prepared response for a question that was not asked.
Even if Senator Franken had asked about a "continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government,", Senator Sessions did not mention communications (continuing exchange of information) that he had had with the Russian Ambassador (intermediaries for the Russian government) over the years (during the campaign) where he "has been called a surrogate" (between Trump's surrogates).

Does this letter confirm that Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III committed perjury or is there some wiggle room?
Sessions Letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee.pdf