Opportunity for Action: Suggest edits for prominent "Social Choice Theory" article

Eric Sanders

Dec 19, 2013, 11:57:50 AM12/19/13
to electio...@googlegroups.com
Background:
The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy is one of the preeminent philosophy resources on the web. They just published a new article on "Social Choice Theory." Giving it a quick scan, I see absolutely no reference to rating-based voting methods, Bayesian Regret, or the like: http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/social-choice/

Proposed Action:
I would like to form a team of us to read the article and generate suggested edits, revisions, and inclusions for the author of the paper, Christian List, a Professor of Political Science and Philosophy at the London School of Economics: http://personal.lse.ac.uk/list

When we have finished aggregating our suggestions, I propose to send them directly to Christian List, listing all of us as authors (and under the auspices of The Center for Election Science), so that he can consider incorporating them into a future version of the article.

Opportunity:
This is an opportunity to make a major, lasting contribution to an important academic and philosophical resource used all across the world.

If you are interested in being involved with this effort, please post here or reach out to me directly at er...@electology.org.

Clay Shentrup

Dec 20, 2013, 1:31:38 AM12/20/13
to electio...@googlegroups.com
It's ironic that the LSE's Voting Power and Procedures branch selected Approval Voting as the best of the 18 systems they looked at.

Stephen Unger

Dec 20, 2013, 10:43:16 AM12/20/13
to electio...@googlegroups.com
Please don't use undefined acronyms (such as LSE in this message).

Steve

Stephen H. Unger
Professor Emeritus
Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
Columbia University

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013, Clay Shentrup wrote:

> It's ironic that the LSE's Voting Power and Procedures branch selected
> Approval Voting as the best of the 18 systems they looked at.

Bruce Gilson

Dec 20, 2013, 11:03:59 AM12/20/13
to electionscience Foundation
On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Stephen Unger <un...@cs.columbia.edu> wrote:
Please don't use undefined acronyms (such as LSE in this message).
Earlier in the thread, he referred to the London School of Economics. Seems obvious.