Those guys, again.

NoIRV

Apr 14, 2018, 11:30:57 PM4/14/18
to The Center for Election Science
"A majority of American voters favor ranked choice voting, the election method that allows voters to rank candidates in order of preference, including 46 percent of Republicans, 64 percent of Democrats and 55 percent of independents."

Hmmmmm... I wonder if we should do a counter study where we ask about Score Voting, and see if these numbers are higher.

"Survey respondents were provided with a background briefing on the issues as well as strongly-worded arguments for and against each proposal."

I wonder what the strongly worded anti-IRV argument was... Probably just saying it is too complicated and that there "should" be a two party system.

----

By the way why does it say "only suggested tags can be used" when I start a new topic?

Warren D Smith

Apr 15, 2018, 4:03:36 PM4/15/18
to electio...@googlegroups.com
where did you find this? certainly no such study can be taken seriously
until they provide the exact wordings of their poll questions, background
briefings, etc.

--
Warren D. Smith
http://RangeVoting.org <-- add your endorsement (by clicking

Warren D Smith

Apr 15, 2018, 4:04:49 PM4/15/18
to electio...@googlegroups.com
there have in fact been such studies for score, but in my opinion all
of them were badly done:

http://rangevoting.org/WhatVotersWant.html

Warren D Smith

Apr 17, 2018, 6:19:44 PM4/17/18
to electio...@googlegroups.com
http://RangeVoting.org/Elections_Redistricting_Slides041218.pdf

perhaps this is the poll NoIRV was thinking of?
It was not conducted in a typical manner, I'll say that much right off.

NoIRV

Apr 22, 2018, 9:16:36 PM4/22/18
to The Center for Election Science
I irregularly go and look at the IRV forums to see if there is anything that should be debunked or that we can try to use as an opportunity for Score Voting.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?nomobile=true#!topic/ranked-choice-voting/rSU7_GrwnKU
The one about Florida... It always seems that with any opportunity for Score Voting, the IRV propagandists "get there first". Although I never see them talking about the Iowa 2020 caucus...