French election inegrity?

Steve Freeman

Apr 24, 2022, 8:45:11 AM4/24/22
to Election Integrity
Anyone here highly familiar with French election mechanics? Is there any reason to doubt official results?

Jim Soper2

Apr 24, 2022, 10:28:04 AM4/24/22
to Election...@googlegroups.com
They are just voting for prez. No senators, mayors,
governors, city council, etc, and no ballot propositions.
Because there is only 1 vote on a ballot to count.
they can get the votes counted efficiently, in precinct, by hand.
1 or 2 votes on a ballot is true for most countries.
SF has had as many as 55 votes on each ballot to count.

last I read, they do not allow vote by mail ,
but instead allow proxy voting, somebody
goes and votes for you

no early voting, but it's on a Sunday.

there are limits on campaign contributions
and TV advertising

when I lived there, there was a media blackout
on last minute polling results, to prevent manipulation.

Macron had a 10 pt lead, and growing.
LePen just got caught making a loan repayent ...
to a russian military contractor. Very bad optics.

On Apr 24, 2022, at 5:45 AM, Steve Freeman <sffr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Anyone here highly familiar with French election mechanics? Is there any reason to doubt official results?

Please forward EI messages widely and invite members to join the group at http://groups.google.com/group/ElectionIntegrity/members_invite.

If you're not a member and would like to join, go to http://groups.google.com/group/ElectionIntegrity and click on the "join" link at right. For delivery and suspension options, use the "Edit my membership" link.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Election Integrity" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ElectionIntegrity/0281528f-9907-419b-90d0-e78b2022d858n%40googlegroups.com.

Carl Carter

Apr 24, 2022, 10:28:04 AM4/24/22
to Election...@googlegroups.com
It seems "old school" as this article may help. Then again, it says that just like in the UK, so there are many ways to steal elections, (Cambridge Analytica) and control of media. I am concerned.

Carl

Steve Freeman

Apr 24, 2022, 10:36:59 AM4/24/22
to Election...@googlegroups.com

Thanks guys. Carl: any specific concerns?

From: Carl Carter

It seems "old school" as this article may help. Then again, it says that just like in the UK, so there are many ways to steal elections, (Cambridge Analytica) and control of media. I am concerned.

https://twincitiesbusinessradio.com/news/national/explainer-how-frances-old-school-voting-system-works/e06fab5cde84f23d682013e1661caf35

Carl