Letter to Senate RE HR1/S1

jims...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2021, 9:38:07 AM3/10/21
to vrt...@googlegroups.com

A message from Scrutineers.org:

HR1, called S1 in the Senate, is the strongest election reform bill we've seen in many years. It goes a long way toward protecting voting rights, and I very much hope it passes the Senate and is signed into law.

S1 could be improved on issues related to election security. For the last several weeks, a group in Scrutineers.org has been poring through the voting-related parts of the bill and discussing how we'd like to see it strengthened. We teamed up with NVRTF (National Voting Rights Task Force), which was doing similar work, to come up with a short list of the issues we feel are most important to address.

The resulting letter to the Senate requesting election security amendments is now ready: https://nvrtf.org/letter-to-senate.html

Scrutineers is asking groups and leaders to endorse the letter to help it carry more weight. If you're a member of another organization, please ask your group to consider endorsing right away. You can sign an endorsement on the same page: https://nvrtf.org/letter-to-senate.html

While both NVRTF and Scrutineers are nonpartisan organizations, we welcome endorsements from any group that believes in fair and secure elections.

Lynn Landes

Mar 10, 2021, 11:23:37 AM3/10/21
to Election...@googlegroups.com, vrt...@googlegroups.com

I couldn’t disagree more. HR1 is an open door to fraud on every level.

Lynn Landes

http://www.protocolsfordemocracy.org/

Please forward EI messages widely and invite members to join the group at http://groups.google.com/group/ElectionIntegrity/members_invite.

If you're not a member and would like to join, go to http://groups.google.com/group/ElectionIntegrity and click on the "join" link at right. For delivery and suspension options, use the "Edit my membership" link.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Election Integrity" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ElectionIntegrity/D370E519-627B-40E4-B68C-E8D66C7C0B48%40hxcore.ol.