Printing USBasp Programmer and ATMEGA16 Application Board

Nandan Sawant

Aug 19, 2009, 6:44:03 AM8/19/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Electronics Club would be printing PCBs for USBasp Programmer and ATMEGA16 application board.

Fill in the Google Form at the link below and place your request for USBasp or Application Board or both.
You'll get Printed Circuit Boards and a set of components to solder on those PCBs.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDNPSFpOWE5xZlV1N01faGZXR0UzWEE6MA..

or also available at http://pcbmuc.tk

We believe this would surely cut down the cost for all of us. E.g. Vega kit sells application board alone at about Rs. 300.
However, we hope to get both USBasp and Application Board printed in about Rs. 350.

These boards will be very useful for AVR Muc Sessions 2 & 3 as well as for any future Muc specific competitions or projects that you may wish to pursue.

Deadline for filling up this form is Saturday, 22nd July Midnight.
Deadline for depositing the money is Tuesday, 25th July Midnight.

Cost is tentative. Any arrears will be settled later.
You can deposit the money to any one of :

Chiraag Juvekar 9820939370
Nandan Sawant 9969198967
Ameya Damle 9969078079

Expecting prompt response from everyone,

Regards,
Conveners
Electronics Club

Ankush Agarwal

Aug 19, 2009, 6:53:57 AM8/19/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com

Deadline for filling up this form is Saturday, 22nd July Midnight.
Deadline for depositing the money is Tuesday, 25th July Midnight.
?
364.gif

Tanuj Bhojwani

Aug 19, 2009, 6:54:47 AM8/19/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
how do you get that inverted smiley?

Regards,

Tanuj Bhojwani
Manager, Events
Techfest (2009-10)
IIT Bombay

+91 98671 04169
www.techfest.org

Nandan Sawant

Aug 19, 2009, 6:58:20 AM8/19/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
sorry my mistake.
Read all dates as August 2009

Deadline for filling up this form is Saturday, 22nd Aug Midnight.
Deadline for depositing the money is Tuesday, 25th Aug Midnight.

Antariksh Bothale

Aug 19, 2009, 6:58:36 AM8/19/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
By clicking on the smiley button in the formatting row just above the message field

2009/8/19 Tanuj Bhojwani <tanuj.b...@gmail.com>

--
Blog : antarikshspeaks.blogspot.com

Tanuj Bhojwani

Aug 19, 2009, 7:02:42 AM8/19/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
this is so cool

Thanks Antariksh!

Just so that it doesn't appear I only spam groups with useless comments and smileys

are these prices for an assembled programmer? or a printed board + components?

hopefully its not just the printed board?

Regards,

Tanuj Bhojwani
Manager, Events
Techfest (2009-10)
IIT Bombay

+91 98671 04169
www.techfest.org

Antariksh Bothale

Aug 19, 2009, 7:05:21 AM8/19/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
That was a very transparent attempt to make your email look useful :P

2009/8/19 Tanuj Bhojwani <tanuj.b...@gmail.com>

--
Blog : antarikshspeaks.blogspot.com

Chiraag Juvekar

Aug 19, 2009, 7:10:16 AM8/19/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
@rushabh
Both are pin compatible and the m32 is a drop in replacement m16.

@tanuj
NO it is printed board plus components
Not soldered because we cant solder these volumes
Also if I was a bot I would call it spam

@all
Please continue further discussion on the forum
This mailing list goes to around 250 people 200 of whom dont really care about inverted smileys.
(P.S  I come in the 50 who do)

Chiraag Juvekar,
Junior Undergraduate,
Dual Degree MIcroelectronics,
Dept. of Electrical Engg, IITB.
www.ee.iitb.ac.in/student/~chiraag

"All that we see or seem, Is but a dream within a dream."

rushabh sheth

Aug 19, 2009, 7:14:49 AM8/19/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
@chirag
is there any problem if we use 16 mhz oscillator instead of 12 mhz oscillator. ?
and is there any pin or function difference between atmega 32 and 16 besides the cost and program memory?

Nandan Sawant

Aug 19, 2009, 7:45:30 AM8/19/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
We need not mention this, but posting since few questions were raised.

We are doing this as a club activity and needless to say, this will be done on no-profit-no-loss basis.
Any positive or negative arrears will be settled immediately.
All the bills will be open to scrutiny.

Regards,
Conveners

Siraj Issani

Aug 19, 2009, 10:58:53 AM8/19/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Nandan Sawant <nonedon...@gmail.com> wrote:
All the bills will be open to scrutiny.

Only since you have raised the issue of transparency, how do you plan to make your conversations/transactions with the PCB maker/components provider transparent? I think that goes in the disclaimer.

Siraj

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, ones who understand binary and ones who don't. But, if only you and dead people understand hex, how many actually do?

Nandan Sawant

Aug 21, 2009, 10:47:41 PM8/21/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Gentle reminder that today 22nd August, Saturday is the last date for submitting your request for USBasp and/or application board. Fill in the form as early as possible.

Link to the form is :
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDNPSFpOWE5xZlV1N01faGZXR0UzWEE6MA..
or http://pcbmuc.tk

Regards,
Conveners

Uttam Sikaria

Aug 22, 2009, 12:06:28 AM8/22/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com

I have the components. Can I just get the 2 printed boards? If yes, how much for it?

--
Without Wax,
Uttam (Utm) Sikaria

Gaurav Varshney

Aug 22, 2009, 3:10:00 AM8/22/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Could you share the PCB layout of the boards (at least the pdf file). Before ordering, would like to have a look on what we are buying.

--
Gaurav

Saurabh Patil

Aug 22, 2009, 3:44:44 AM8/22/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I, too, would like to have a look at the circuit details and the pcb layout.

regards
Saurabh Patil
--
Saurabh Dattatray Patil.
M.Tech Student, Research Associate,

Kartik Mohta

Aug 22, 2009, 7:41:56 AM8/22/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Gaurav Varshney<gvarsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you share the PCB layout of the boards (at least the pdf file). Before
> ordering, would like to have a look on what we are buying.

With the board layout, also upload the final gerber files you would
have sent (or will send).

--
Kartik Mohta
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Chiraag Juvekar

Nandan Sawant

Aug 25, 2009, 7:29:37 AM8/25/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Important:
If you are coming for the Microcontroller session on Thursday, it'll be very convenient for us if you can deposit the money after the session. There is no deadline of wednesday as such.

Regards,
Conveners

Nandan Sawant

Aug 30, 2009, 4:44:04 AM8/30/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Again Important:
Those who have given their names for USBasp/Application Board/both by filling up the online form, please pay the money preferably by tonight or maximum by tomorrow afternoon 2pm to confirm your order.
We haven't been able to yet place the final order due to insufficient advance. So please deposit the money ASAP.

Regards,
Conveners

Nandan 9969198967
Chiraag 9820939370
Ameya 9969078079

Ankush Agarwal

Aug 30, 2009, 5:39:30 AM8/30/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Can you give the Hostel and Room No's where we can pay for the components.

Nandan Sawant

Aug 30, 2009, 5:43:41 AM8/30/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Nandan 9969198967  H2/185
Chiraag 9820939370  H3/332
Ameya 9969078079   H4/176

siddharth jain

Sep 2, 2009, 4:29:00 AM9/2/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
hey when would be receiving our usb boards

Jagbandhu

Sep 5, 2009, 3:42:31 AM9/5/09
to Electronics Club IITB
When are we going to get usb programmer

Nandan Sawant

Sep 5, 2009, 4:46:11 AM9/5/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Hi

All the components required for the programmer and application board have arrived.
USBasp board has been given for final printing. It should be arriving by Wednesday.
Application board prototype is currently being tested before final bulk order and thus may get little delayed.
There are few more issues, we'll post them as and when we confirm.

Also, Session 3 will be hands-on session and since boards will be ready too close to midsem, we'll be having Session 3 on AVR Microcontrollers only after midsems.

Regards,
Conveners

rushabh sheth

Sep 6, 2009, 9:23:57 AM9/6/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
when will we be getting the material ie by thursday or afterwards?

Jagbandhu

Sep 22, 2009, 7:03:12 AM9/22/09
to Electronics Club IITB

chinmayee shah

Sep 22, 2009, 9:09:21 AM9/22/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
When will the programmer and application boards be given?

--
-Chinmayee Shah

Ameya Damle

Sep 22, 2009, 9:29:41 AM9/22/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Programmer boards and Components are ready with us.
Applications board will be ready in a couple of days.
We will try to distribute them before weekend.

2009/9/22 chinmayee shah <chinma...@gmail.com>

When will the programmer and application boards be given?

--
-Chinmayee Shah

--
Ameya Damle

Nandan Sawant

Sep 26, 2009, 10:31:43 AM9/26/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please collect USBasp board and components from me (H2/185, 9969198967) and start soldering USBasp board as soon as possible. I will be available in the insti till 11 AM tomorrow (sunday), so please collect them before that; else you'd be able to collect it only after monday.

We plan to conduct hands on session on this Wednesday (tentatively), for which you need to get the soldered USBasp boards. So please collect them and make them ready as soon as you can.

As far the application board goes, there has been some random delay by PCB manufacturer on account of Dusshera. We are trying to make them available as early as we can.

Regards,
Nandan

rushabh sheth

Sep 27, 2009, 1:53:17 AM9/27/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
please dont keep the session on wednesday as mech 2nd  year students have quiz in the night, unfortunately.

Nandan Sawant

Sep 28, 2009, 9:46:39 AM9/28/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
I'm available in the institute. You can collect USBasp board and components from me.
Please do it ASAP as you need to get them soldered before hands-on session.
Thanks.

Nandan
H2/185
+91-9969198967

pooja nagle

Sep 28, 2009, 12:44:49 PM9/28/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
is handson session finalised on wednesday ??

rutesh

Sep 29, 2009, 12:36:56 AM9/29/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
sry i wsnt in insti 4 a couple of days..
so plzz ne1 tell me, wen nd whr is d third session??

Chiraag Juvekar

Sep 29, 2009, 1:23:52 AM9/29/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Due to scheduling crunch and an extended dusshera vacation the 3rd uController session will now be held on Monday, 5th October. The venue and exact time will be intimated later.

Gentle Reminder: Collect the usbasp boards from Nandan asap.

Regards,
Conveners

Nandan Sawant

Sep 29, 2009, 12:49:46 PM9/29/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Application boards have also arrived.

So, please collect everything (your USBasp programmer board + Application board + components) from me (H2/185, 9969198967) as soon as possible.

Please start soldering them as soon as you can, as you need them for the hands on session on Monday.

Nandan

prince kumar

Sep 30, 2009, 12:58:41 PM9/30/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
actually i am not in your collage and want to be a part of your society

Jagbandhu

Oct 2, 2009, 10:31:32 AM10/2/09
to Electronics Club IITB
Hi ,
There is no details provided about application board so do we
require it on this session3 or only usbasp programmer is sufficient
and also in programer there is no usb cable provided from where do we
get the usb connector cable

Nandan Sawant

Oct 2, 2009, 10:45:42 AM10/2/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
@ Jagabandhu

1. Schematic and board files of Application board have been already uploaded on the resources thread. We'll try to also upload the photos as early as possible.

2. Ideally, both application board and programmer board are required for hands on session. Else, you'd have to make a circuit on breadboard.

3. Note that USB connetor provided is a male one. Thus no cable is required. You've to use it like any other pen-drive.

Regards,
Conveners

Nandan Sawant

Oct 3, 2009, 1:51:12 PM10/3/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
For those who are very sure that they'll mess up in soldering,

There is a guy outside main gate who does PCB soldering,
Vijay 9022574596 and 9702783623
His shop is next to Mangaldeep, mostly named Vijay Electronics.

But, He'll charge you some randomly high amount (like Rs. 40 for soldering USBasp board).
Reliability etc is not known. Call is yours.

Saurabh Patil

Oct 4, 2009, 9:27:26 AM10/4/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Is it possible to postpone tomorrow's session. I wont be able to finish with the soldering part by tomorrow, due to prior commitments.

If, at all, most of people are done with the soldering of the boards then you can go ahead with the session, but if majority of them are lagging then do consider my request.

regards
saurabh

akilez krish

Oct 4, 2009, 11:38:13 AM10/4/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
hi
A similar problem for me too..
is it possible to postpone the session ??

gowtham sandilya

Oct 4, 2009, 11:50:57 AM10/4/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
are you going to cover the hyperterminal part of coding also tommorrow??
I did not make that part of my app board.

Mehul Tikekar

Oct 4, 2009, 11:59:15 AM10/4/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
No, we plan to do blinking LEDs, timers and ADC.

Mehul

nikhil bhave

Oct 4, 2009, 1:04:18 PM10/4/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Same is the problem with me, please do postpone the session by atleast a couple  of days, if it is possilble.

NIKHIL.

rushabh sheth

Oct 4, 2009, 11:17:09 PM10/4/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
same here. actually there are 2 holes not drilled through my app board and i will be able do that on monday.so if the session could be postponed it would be great?

cheers
rushabh

abhijit joshi

Oct 5, 2009, 1:55:46 AM10/5/09
to elec...@googlegroups.com
It will be great if today's session can be rescheduled on some other day. Most of the Mtech students have prior comitments. Or is it possible to arrange this session again sometime later. Please suggest some alternative.