move to the next slide without wait for the previous slide to complete

20 views
Skip to first unread message

nicovon

unread,
Mar 1, 2020, 2:23:48 PM3/1/20
to eLearning Technology and Development
Good morning,

I would like to move on to the next slide without having to wait for the previous slide to complete. in fact, the "next" button is not activated until the current slide is completed.

I tried to use this command:

LMSSetValue('cmi.core.lesson_status', 'completed');

but the console returns me this error:

VM2875:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: LMSSetValue is not defined

Ryan Meyer

unread,
Mar 1, 2020, 4:59:54 PM3/1/20
to nicovon, eLearning Technology and Development
What authoring tool (if any) are you building your course in? Advancing slides within a course is not part of what is handled by SCORM. In simplest terms, it only handles tracking data about the course as a whole.

The only way your question would be relevant to SCORM would be if you were taking about a multi-SCO course, where your Next button was displayed by the LMS and marking the current course complete would allow you to navigate to the next full course object.

However, I suspect you’re looking at slides within a single course. If that’s the case, you’re likely better off looking on support forums for your specific authoring tool.

Hope that helps!
-Ryan

> On Mar 1, 2020, at 2:23 PM, nicovon <nicolac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

nicovon

unread,
Mar 2, 2020, 7:24:25 AM3/2/20
to eLearning Technology and Development
In all honesty I did not create the course. Can I send you the link so you can understand which authoring tool has been used?

Ryan Meyer

unread,
Mar 2, 2020, 7:51:18 AM3/2/20
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com

Do you have the original source files or only the output? Without the source it’ll be fairly difficult.

Happy to take a quick look at the course, but no guarantees I’ll be able to identify anything.

If you look in the html/JS files, you’ll likely see references to a tool or company name that will put you on the right track.

On Mar 2, 2020, at 7:24 AM, nicovon <nicolac...@gmail.com> wrote:


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "eLearning Technology and Development" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elearning-technology-and...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elearning-technology-and-development/03f037db-b8bc-46f9-afec-ae84af239fc3%40googlegroups.com.

nicovon

unread,
Mar 2, 2020, 9:01:50 AM3/2/20
to eLearning Technology and Development
Thank you, I sent you an email because of my personal data. We can of course continue the discussion here.

Ryan Meyer

unread,
Mar 2, 2020, 10:02:33 AM3/2/20
to eLearning Technology and Development
You have a multi-SCO course running inside Moodle. The SCOs were built in Articulate Storyline 360. 

When you say you want to move to the next slide, are you referring to the modules that appear in the left-hand menu (M1, M2, M3), or the individual pages within each module?

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 9:01 AM nicovon <nicolac...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you, I sent you an email because of my personal data.  We can of course continue the discussion here.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "eLearning Technology and Development" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elearning-technology-and...@googlegroups.com.

nicovon

unread,
Mar 2, 2020, 10:05:16 AM3/2/20
to eLearning Technology and Development
I'm referring the individual pages within each module

Ryan Meyer

unread,
Mar 2, 2020, 10:36:27 AM3/2/20
to eLearning Technology and Development
That logic will be built into the Storyline courses. You'll need to get the original Storyline source files and make any updates there. It won't have anything to do with SCORM calls.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 10:05 AM nicovon <nicolac...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm referring the individual pages within each module

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "eLearning Technology and Development" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elearning-technology-and...@googlegroups.com.

Philip Hutchison

unread,
Mar 2, 2020, 2:45:08 PM3/2/20
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
All courses use custom scripting to manage whether or not the learner can proceed to the next page (i.e. enable the 'next' button). That functionality is not part of SCORM.

You haven't provided any context for why you need to be able to do this. If you don't have access to the source files, I wonder about your motivations -- are you just trying to get out of taking a course you're required to complete? :)




nicovon

unread,
Mar 3, 2020, 1:17:39 AM3/3/20
to eLearning Technology and Development
It is actually a very simple course. But I am completing the course for all teachers in the school, which takes a long time. Since I now know all the slides by heart and also the questions of the final quiz of each module, I wondered if there was a way to speed up the completion of the slides and get to the final quiz faster.

Philip Hutchison

unread,
Mar 3, 2020, 1:31:19 AM3/3/20
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
Ryan mentioned the course was built in Storyline; you may have better luck going to a Storyline-specific forum such as https://community.articulate.com/forums/articulate-storyline

Good luck
- philip


On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 10:17 PM nicovon <nicolac...@gmail.com> wrote:
It is actually a very simple course.  But I am completing the course for all teachers in the school, which takes a long time.  Since I now know all the slides by heart and also the questions of the final quiz of each module, I wondered if there was a way to speed up the completion of the slides and get to the final quiz faster.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "eLearning Technology and Development" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elearning-technology-and...@googlegroups.com.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages