Re: [elearning tech & dev] Blackboard issue after updating html for SCORM (Blackboard/html Help Please!)

Message has been deleted

Diana Stock

Oct 24, 2018, 3:21:28 PM10/24/18
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
Jonathon, I am by no means very knowledgeable of the packaging, but have you tried another version of SCORM?  Maybe use 1.2 or 2004, 3rd Edition!

Diana Stock

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 1:42 PM Jonathan Sloan <jsloa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Greetings,

I am having an issue for over a week uploading a SCORM (2004 4th Edition) courses to Blackboard (2010). If I upload a blank template provided by the site, it will open with no issue, but the moment that I make ANY change to the html document and upload that product I receive the following error (screenshot above):  'NOT FOUND The specified resource was not found, or you do not have permission to access it.'

***Note: I sadly get the same error ANY time I try to use the pipworks SCORM package
     When I check my console It appears that it is failing to find the following files:

     The template I used is provided here: https://www.adlnet.gov/research/scorm/scorm-2004-4th-edition/
     - I used the 'SCORM Starter Template' under Additional Resources and the ONLY change I have made, as an example,  is changing the text in the div above the image. Nothing else.

     ***ALTERNATIVELY*** Is there another way to upload an html course to blackboard, other than Build Content > Content Package(SCORM)?

Thank you in advance!

Ryan Meyer

Oct 24, 2018, 3:23:53 PM10/24/18
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
Are those JS files part of your course package that you’re referencing in script tags?
If so, maybe Blackboard is one of those weird systems that requires you list each file as a resource in the manifest, rather than just unzipping whatever is in your SCORM package.
If not, it sounds like some Blackboard-specific course launch funkiness.

-Ryan
<Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 2.20.10 PM.png>

Jonathan Sloan

Oct 24, 2018, 3:35:29 PM10/24/18
to eLearning Technology and Development
So,

   This is embarrassing...The issue seems to be that I was zipping the newly created directory the zip file created instead of the contents therein. Doing so prohibited blackboard from finding the manifest...Live and learn, I suppose...Thank you both for the swift replies nevertheless. In a case like this do I delete the post since it was so trivial?

Elena Elizondo

Oct 25, 2018, 12:43:54 AM10/25/18
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan,
I think this has happened to a bunch of us ;) so maybe it could help others.
That's my humble opinion,  feel free to keep it or leave it.
Have a nice day!
Elena