Navigation controls not working in SCORM package prepared for EXE-LEARNING authoring tool.

jay suryavanshi

May 28, 2020, 11:50:18 AM5/28/20
to eLearning Technology and Development
Hi Every one,

I am new to the e-learning content creation world and recently came across the tool named 'EXE-LEARNING'. I found it very simple and effective to create e-learning content.
I have created test content and found that it was working very well on Moodle, However the same SCORM package I am facing very basic operations issues such as Navigation and Bookmark features are not working on another LMS i.e. 'OPIGNO'.
Upon on my initial research I found that usually navigation control of the SCO package will be maintained at package level or at LMS level. Hence SCO navigation controls were working at Moodle and not on the 'OPIGNO'.
My further research shows that 'EXE-LEARNING' used pipwerks API for navigation and other important stuff.
For navigation specifically it has used "pipwerks.nav.goBack() and pipwerks.nav.goForward()" functions.
I tried to find more information about these functions but didn't got any documentation.

Further assistance to resolve this navigation issue is appreciated.

Note: I have attached SCO package for reference.

Philip Hutchison

May 28, 2020, 3:52:46 PM5/28/20
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jay

The base pipwerks wrapper does not include navigation functions. Those were added by someone else, probably the EXE team. I can only refer you to the EXE Learning docs.

Generally speaking, you are correct that your choices are: let the LMS control the navigation (which leads to inconsistent experience across various LMS platforms) or have the package control the navigation (this is the approach used by all off-the-shelf tools like Articulate and Captivate). I always manage my own navigation so I can be sure the learner's experience is consistent on all platforms, and so I can be sure the course operates the way I intend it to operate.

Good luck
- philip