3DS MAX and 3D Graphics Integration into Elearning

Andrew Robertson

Oct 2, 2018, 5:55:46 PM10/2/18
to eLearning Technology and Development
Hi - does anyone have any information on how one could integrate a 3D rendered image into an elearning environment?

For example, I’d like to be able to purchase a vehicle graphic off of TurboSquid (~$150) and then be able to do a walk around of the vehicle, have hot spots or call outs on all key areas as deamed necessary by the client and then open doors and such as required. Of course this would all have to be in HTML5 format so that I can then communicate appropriately with the LMS.

Any info would be immensely appreciated.

Henry Ryng

Oct 2, 2018, 6:15:52 PM10/2/18
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at Unity https://unity3d.com/unity

Elena Elizondo

Oct 3, 2018, 2:39:37 AM10/3/18
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andrew,
You can also try Sphere
It's like the Storyline of VR (user- friendly, LMS output) plus, it takes in 3D files.
It publishes for the web so you can view it in any device having an internet browser: smartphone -you can choose VR or 360°, tablet: 360° and PC 360°.
You can download the trial version on the website.
Hope I helped!
Elena :)

Kevin Brake

Oct 3, 2018, 6:24:43 AM10/3/18
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
You could use Articulate Storyline and embed a HTML 3D Viewer.

But if you want to include hotspots render out the required  video clips and overlay hotspots directly over the video while it plays using Articulate.

Good luck,

Kevin

Message has been deleted

Andrew Robertson

Oct 3, 2018, 10:23:11 AM10/3/18
to eLearning Technology and Development
To add more to my original post, the stuff I am looking to do is along the same lines as what is featured here: http://www.elearningsuperstars.com/project/faun-trackway-computer-based-training/

As for the current suggestions....

Unity: I was actually looking at this idea first since I saw some at a few conferences I was on. Is it a difficult application to use or implement if you have the 3D models already and have a pretty good grasp of computer programming? I know that the code they use is C#, so that wouldn't be a difficult language to pickup.

Sphere IO: Very neat looking application but I cannot find any demos of this product in use? Do you happen to know of any YouTube videos I can watch?

Articulate: Never though of using this (or Lectora) to house the HTML 3D viewer and then adding hot spots as necessary.

Elena Elizondo

Oct 3, 2018, 11:10:34 AM10/3/18
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andrew,

For Sphere, here are a couple of YouTube videos

Some demos at the middle

And 3D integration using solidworks

Hope I helped!

Elena

Andrew Robertson

Oct 3, 2018, 12:23:58 PM10/3/18
to eLearning Technology and Development
Wow - Speedernet Sphere is really nice!!

Sof EightSoft

Jul 1, 2019, 12:46:10 PM7/1/19
to eLearning Technology and Development
check out Verge3D for 3ds Max (also Blender version available). Here is a real-life example of SCORM/WebGL learning content https://www.soft8soft.com/topic/toad/