Fw: HEY EVERYBODY

Leslie Clark

Apr 12, 2010, 12:30:59 PM4/12/10
to kmkil...@yahoo.com, Clinten Woodcox, denise, Ginger Wade, Greg Woodcox, Jim and Jen Gilliland, Joan Woodcox, Kathy Woodcox, Larry Woodcox, Leilani Ashdown, Mission List, Rick, rick, Riley Creps, Samie Woodcox, Sibyl Gines

Leslie Clark

hey everybody

happy monday!

well it is for me anyways... this week we were blessed with a bigger allowance, now we can actually get to our area everyday to teach the people of PONTA NEGRA - NATAL!! man this place is beautiful.. this week we baptised a man named bruno, he already has an aunt in our ward, she gave us his name and we arrived there already challenging him to be baptised he said he was ready to be baptised the only reason he wasnt baptised before was because his mother wouldnt let him (dont worry we will baptise her another time) but now that he has 18 years he can decide for himself. so it was a great baptism we had special hymn numbers from the quorum and bruno automaticly made like 10 friends that very day.. so i think he will stay strong in the church for a VERY long time.

Lets see, this week was the week were we hit rock bottom speaking about MONEY but where we went sky high speaking about the blessings... for the past week we have not had money to buy things like toilet paper, dish soap and detergent for our laundry... we really had to suffer because we only had money sufficeinte to arrive in our area 3 times during the week...  the lucky part is that with only going to our area 3 times we found BRUNO (our baptism), a nice lady on the bus paid our fee because she said that she wanted to help gods servants. Also we were walking on the street and a member who is not active in the church pulled over and took us on a buggy ride near the beach and we stopped at the most beautful place in the world! i will try to go back and take a picture some time this week. but it was really great, we spent like 1 hour just talking about the miracle that god had created the heavens and the earth and he did so with such love for us. because really, if you stop to think about it, he didnt have to make everything super beautiful and amazing.. afterall we are here to be tested and keep the commandments... not go site seeing... but im so grateful that he took the time and that we have such beauty before our eyes, it is the little things like that moment that really make life meaningful.

well... brazil is great, the people here are fantastic, i could write an email like ten pages long if i had the time but time is short, just wanted to let everybody know that im doing fantastic and the work of the lord is exploding here in brazil. the people here have their hearts open to us missionarys, we are able to have success everyday and that is such a blessing. i must have done something right in my life to have been sent to brazil, i cant imagine being anywhere else serving the lord!

I used to say to my friends "All you need is money, car keys, and a cellphone and life is good" but now i know that the only thing you need is a book of mormon in your hand and a will to do good and the lord will bless you with a good mission.

MUCH LOVE AND BLESSINGS

Elder Clark