Fw: Sweet Sweet Brasil

Leslie Clark

Jan 18, 2010, 9:39:15 AM1/18/10
to kmkil...@yahoo.com, lindaw...@hotmail.com, Clinten wOODCOX, denise, Greg Woodcox, Jan Clark, Jim and Jen Gilliland, Joan Woodcox, Kathy Woodcox, Larry Woodcox, Leilani Ashdown, Mission List, Paul Clark, rick, Riley Creps, Samie Woodcox
Good Morning Everyone
Leslie Clark
Elder Chris Clark Joao Pessoa - 8/10

Friends and family...

one more week down and many more to go. this week was just dandy! the 4 months of rain have started (started Wednesday) so we are always walking with wet pants and wet shoes.... and the worst... wet SOCKS... man i hate wet socks..

but the work of the Lord continues. we baptised Moça a young women from cuitegi along with the daughter of Vitoria, Caroline! they were both super excited... during the baptism of caroline, something funny happened, well not funny but anyways.... she wasnt baptised earlier because she is scared of the water!! so yeah she put aside this fear and stepped into the baptism tank with me... the first attempt failed as she flailed her arms up out of the water... but after talking with her for a few minutes in the water she said she would trust me and do her best to be still.. the second attempt was a success!!! super happy everybody in the room was practicly cheering for her... she felt super happy that she accomplished something that scared her so much, and after she came and thanked me for not letting her drown!!

anyways things here in guarabira are going good, except the fact that we dont have lunch tuesday or wednesday and sometimes sunday... things are going good, we are teaching many people and baptising every week.
i recieved a new training from one of my leaders this week that told us how we should think about the people we are teaching, he told us that we need to be thinking about the eternal salvation of our investigators and not just the baptism... his message really hit me, because in my mission i have baptised a few people without having this "eternal perspective" in mind.. so people, i have turned over a new leaf, from now on i will break the record here in brazil and have a retention rate of 100% .... well i will do my part ;)

thanks for all your love and support and i hope you all know i love you and am hoping this email finds you all doing well..

i hope you all know that I KNOW, miracles exist, that we need to be direct when we are praying, we dont need to pray for a "good day" but we need to tell God what we want to happen in our day, being direct with our heavenly father and he will be direct with us...

love your amigo

elder clark

clark 001.zip