Fw: 1 year baby!!!

Leslie Clark

Aug 10, 2009, 1:46:07 PM8/10/09
to Mission List

Leslie Clark
Elder Chris Clark Joao Pessoa - 8/10

From: Christopher Clark
Subject: 1 year baby!!!
To: lclark...@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, August 10, 2009, 10:06 AM

well, one year down and 1 to go. this time next year i will be back to my own land. my own family, my own language! im pretty excited, but the work must go on, and the work will be tuffer than it was the first year! we are having lots of success here in Rangel! since i have got here we have baptised about 20  people, and we still have a TON more to go, looks like i will be here for quite a while, im already feeling super comfortable here in the area, i feel like i have already talked to everybody in the town.

this week we baptised two young women, Fernanda and Ana Carol they are sisters, they have an aunt who was a member for 10 years then just stopped going to church, yesterday i found out its because she runs like an underground poker house! which is pretty cool, i wanted to get in and play a few rounds but my companion said i probably shouldnt..... i guess he was right.

i am now the oldest person in the ZONE! i have seen everybody come and go, and of the originals, its only me! in our house now is Elder Periera (my companion) and the zone leaders Elder Marques and elder GOMES, 3 brasilains from sao paulo .... (its rough being the only american in a house) and worse when the other 3 are from the same place!! but ill get over it ;)

im still sleeping on the floor, its normal now.
my bishop moved, so our ward is in a state of anarchy... which stinks, but i hope its all figured out soon and they call a new bishop.

and yeah, thats about it. oh the pork flu is getting super intense here, we have had lots of training about it. and it looks like a few missionarys have gotten it within this last month, including my beloved Elder Paim... i hope he gets feeling better soon (pray for him)

well im off to take a quick nap before we need to get to work, i hope everything and everybody is great!

sorry if my email is weird, its to loud to think where i am!!

elder clark