Channel 4 - Book Club

jarekro...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2013, 10:12:32 AM1/21/13
to el...@googlegroups.com
Dear East London Book Club!

I hope you don’t mind me contacting you on here.

My name is Jarek Rozenfeld and I am one of the Researchers currently working on the Channel 4 money-saving programme Superscrimpers.

We are looking for a reading group to film with as part of the show. We would like to test some ready readers and their effectiveness and what better way than to do it with a reading group! :)

We would ideally need a group of 4-7 people with different prescriptions (0.5, 1.5, 3.0), who first of all would like to meet our presenter Harry Wallop during their meeting and chat to him about the club, reading and kind of glasses they use. Afterwards, we would take them to the second location where they would get a free eye test and where Harry would set some tasks up for them. We wouldn't tell them what's the result till the very end of the task. They would also meet up with the top class expert who would advise them on glasses, etc.

We are looking into filming on Monday, 28th February.

It will be lots of fun and we’re hoping to learn lots about the different types of ready readers available on the market!

Please find my contact details below, I would be happy to discuss this further over the phone with you.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Jarek Rozenfeld

Researcher | Superscrimpers (Series 4) | Remarkable Television | Queensgate: 121 Suffolk Street | Birmingham: B1 1LX Direct Line |  0121 616 8971

deborah ficamos

Jan 22, 2013, 6:03:35 AM1/22/13
to el...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jarek,

The East London Book Club is no longer active I believe, however have you thought of contacting the Brick Lane Book Club? I was a member for a while, the group meets every 3 weeks and has already been featured in the Radio 4 programme. Here's the link:

Kind regards,

Deborah

De : "jarekro...@gmail.com" <jarekro...@gmail.com>
À : el...@googlegroups.com