Map Infobox

Kazia Hodges

Apr 1, 2007, 8:39:38 PM4/1/07
to elanthipedia...@googlegroups.com

Created an information box to normalize the extra info on the map pages.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Template:Map_infobox

I’ve done a few of the maps.

Here’s Crossing: http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/RanikMap1

Let me know if you guys see any major suggestions for additions or whatever to the template before I go crazy changing maps.

~Naeya

grindinghalt

Apr 2, 2007, 3:52:47 PM4/2/07
to Elanthipedia Contributors
Looks good to me.

grindinghalt

Apr 2, 2007, 4:33:06 PM4/2/07
to Elanthipedia Contributors
I added #if parser functions to your template.

The problem with using only {{{parameter|} is that it only tests for
undefined parameters. If someone just copies the template over and
leaves a parameter blank instead of deleting the whole line, it will
print the empty string since that is the defined value of the
parameter.

Using #if tests you can test for an empty string OR an undefined
parameter.

Structure:

{{#if: {{{parameter|}}} | {{{parameter}}} | what to print if empty or
undefined }}

I'll go back and update the critter at a glance at critter skins
templates too now that the extensions are installed. Here's an
explanation of all the functions:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/ParserFunctions