Welcome Contributors

Naeya

Mar 26, 2007, 7:15:30 PM3/26/07
to Elanthipedia Contributors
Hello all.

Welcome to the Elanthipedia Contributors discussion group. I took the
cue from a previous wikia I've contributed on, and set up this group.
It's purpose is to promote discussion (sometimes lengthy, perhaps) and
allow for ease of announcements that are pertinent to us as
contributors of the wiki, but are perhaps a bit beyond the scope of
the normal information seeker who would visit Elanthipedia.com.

As you've probably noticed, Callek and I have had a semi lengthy
discussion via my talk page (which I didn't/don't mind in the least).
However, for longer discussions, I'd like to use the group here, if
possible.

I'll be the first to admit that I definitely do not know everything
there is to administrating a wiki. I've just been an avid contributor
to several wikis (www.eq2i.com and www.vanguardspheres.com). I love
learning about new things, and this is still a learning process for
me.

I believe that Elanthipedia is a great project and I hope to see it
grow. Callek pointed out a lot of valid points that needed addressing.
I hope that many of you will feel free to bring issues, suggestions,
comments, rants, etc here to this group so we can get things ironed
out and keep this wiki trucking.

For the record again, I am not the primary administrator of the wiki.
Trel is responsible for its hosting and serverside administration. I
have been granted sysop status based on my contributions and
demonstrated desire to develop, organize, and promote Elanthipedia.
I'm sure in the future there will be several other's with this status.

Thank you all for joining, and for your enthusiasm for Elanthipedia.

By my hand,
Naeya

Cal...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2007, 7:39:07 PM3/26/07
to Elanthipedia Contributors
I think it fair to point people to your Talk Page, where the
"previous" chat took place [1].

Also, I must stress the Organization aspect here, `we` need to define
rules, and Organizational behavior, while remaining open. Common
practices, etc.

Will write more later

On Mar 26, 7:15 pm, "Naeya" <docna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> Welcome to the Elanthipedia Contributors discussion group. I took the
> cue from a previous wikia I've contributed on, and set up this group.
> It's purpose is to promote discussion (sometimes lengthy, perhaps) and
> allow for ease of announcements that are pertinent to us as
> contributors of the wiki, but are perhaps a bit beyond the scope of
> the normal information seeker who would visit Elanthipedia.com.
>
> As you've probably noticed, Callek and I have had a semi lengthy
> discussion via my talk page (which I didn't/don't mind in the least).
> However, for longer discussions, I'd like to use the group here, if
> possible.
>
> I'll be the first to admit that I definitely do not know everything
> there is to administrating a wiki. I've just been an avid contributor

> to several wikis (www.eq2i.comandwww.vanguardspheres.com). I love

Naeya

Mar 26, 2007, 7:43:27 PM3/26/07
to Elanthipedia Contributors
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User_talk:Naeya There we go

Oh, thank you for joining here Callek. I have a feeling you are more
aware of some of the more legal issues at hand here than I am, that's
for sure. Any suggestions you have are greatly appreciated. I just
want to see this wiki endeavor succeed.