So I can't see anything

Worr...@yahoo.com

Apr 13, 2007, 10:51:07 PM4/13/07
to Elanthipedia Contributors
I've got a bug with the whole elanthipedia site apparently. When I try
to load any page on the site, I can see absolutely nothing on the
page. The site continues to try to load for hours if I let it(or at
least the progress bar would let you believe its trying to load), the
bottom bar also says 'Error on Page' (beside what I believe is a
script icon). I am using IE6 if that matters. Thanks for the help in
advance.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-

Message has been deleted

Justin Wood (Callek)

Apr 13, 2007, 10:54:20 PM4/13/07
to Worr...@yahoo.com, Elanthipedia Contributors
Any chance you can provide a screenshot of your entire browser
window/desktop while trying to load Elanthipedia, including said
"error"/"script" icon, so we can try to help you further. (Let us know
if you need instructions on how to create a screenshot and/or
where/how you can upload it)

While you are also doing this, a few questions.
What windows version are you using?
Do you have all current [critical] windows updates installed?
Any accessability features running (such as a screen reader,
magnifier, etc.) ?

...other things you think could help us?

~Justin Wood (Callek)

Worr...@yahoo.com

Apr 13, 2007, 11:10:09 PM4/13/07
to Elanthipedia Contributors
Okay I uploaded a screenshot. I am currently running Windows 2000...
dunnoe why I forgot to click on the script error icon before. When I
do I get these details-

Line: 831
Char: 78
Error: Expected '/'
Code: 0

On Apr 13, 9:54 pm, "Justin Wood (Callek)" <cal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any chance you can provide a screenshot of your entire browser
> window/desktop while trying to load Elanthipedia, including said
> "error"/"script" icon, so we can try to help you further. (Let us know
> if you need instructions on how to create a screenshot and/or
> where/how you can upload it)
>
> While you are also doing this, a few questions.
> What windows version are you using?
> Do you have all current [critical] windows updates installed?
> Any accessability features running (such as a screen reader,
> magnifier, etc.) ?
>
> ...other things you think could help us?
>
> ~Justin Wood (Callek)
>

> On 4/13/07, Worrc...@yahoo.com <Worrc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > I've got a bug with the whole elanthipedia site apparently. When I try
> > to load any page on the site, I can see absolutely nothing on the
> > page. The site continues to try to load for hours if I let it(or at
> > least the progress bar would let you believe its trying to load), the
> > bottom bar also says 'Error on Page' (beside what I believe is a
> > script icon). I am using IE6 if that matters. Thanks for the help in
> > advance.
>

> > ~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-- Hide quoted text -

Worr...@yahoo.com

Apr 13, 2007, 11:11:53 PM4/13/07
to Elanthipedia Contributors
Err and yep, I have all updates andam not using any accessability
features.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-

Justin Wood (Callek)

Apr 13, 2007, 11:15:24 PM4/13/07
to Worr...@yahoo.com, Elanthipedia Contributors
Hmm, any chance you can post a screenshot of Help->About Internet Explorer

Also, when you have the Main Page "open" (even blank) can you
right-click, select "View Source" and upload the source as a "Plain
text File"?

My largest confusion, currently, is there is not even 400 lines on the
HTML output of "Main Page" so its gonna take a bit more than I first
hoped.

~Justin Wood (Callek)

Worr...@yahoo.com

Apr 13, 2007, 11:57:12 PM4/13/07
to Elanthipedia Contributors
Okay, both are uploaded.

On Apr 13, 10:15 pm, "Justin Wood (Callek)" <cal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm, any chance you can post a screenshot of Help->About Internet Explorer
>
> Also, when you have the Main Page "open" (even blank) can you
> right-click, select "View Source" and upload the source as a "Plain
> text File"?
>
> My largest confusion, currently, is there is not even 400 lines on the
> HTML output of "Main Page" so its gonna take a bit more than I first
> hoped.
>
> ~Justin Wood (Callek)

Worr...@yahoo.com

Apr 14, 2007, 12:10:44 AM4/14/07
to Elanthipedia Contributors
Okay so I decided to look at it in dreamweaver, I see two potential
errors I think... you have the body tag above the head tag, and right
after the opening body tag there is some very weird character being
displayed(lets see if it will even paste).  Hope that helps.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms- (No expert in web design and haven't
done it in years)

Justin Wood (Callek)

Apr 14, 2007, 12:18:24 AM4/14/07
to Worr...@yahoo.com, Elanthipedia Contributors
Ok, ....

Body tag is NOT above head tag (as you can see by looking at the
source, as you posted)

Now, that I'm baffled, I'll ask you to run first, YOUR VIRUSSCAN (full scan).

If you don't have a virusscan, please visit
"http://housecall.trendmicro.com" and Scan Your PC (In-fact I
recommend this anyway), to see if you have any viruses.

Failing the above, please visit: http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html
and download LavaSoft's Adaware (once installed, emmediately run an
update and then perform a smart system scan).

This is to help figure out whats up....'

~Justin Wood (Callek)

Worr...@yahoo.com

Apr 14, 2007, 1:06:18 AM4/14/07
to Elanthipedia Contributors
I had just ran Norton, but considering its possible to blind fold it
so to speak, I'm running your housecall program to... took a bit to
wrangle it into working, but it appears to be working. Says it will
take an hour(Wanted to make sure you weren't checking back during that
time). The ad-aware is running to.

I looked back at the view source with the main_page opened instead of
my saved version... it indeed doesn't have the body tag in the wrong
place. Odd that when I saved that page to my comp. to look at with
dreamweaver it would be a have one or two slight changes in the code.

On Apr 13, 11:18 pm, "Justin Wood (Callek)" <cal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, ....
>
> Body tag is NOT above head tag (as you can see by looking at the
> source, as you posted)
>
> Now, that I'm baffled, I'll ask you to run first, YOUR VIRUSSCAN (full scan).
>
> If you don't have a virusscan, please visit
> "http://housecall.trendmicro.com" and Scan Your PC (In-fact I
> recommend this anyway), to see if you have any viruses.
>
> Failing the above, please visit:http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html
> and download LavaSoft's Adaware (once installed, emmediately run an
> update and then perform a smart system scan).
>
> This is to help figure out whats up....'
>
> ~Justin Wood (Callek)

Justin Wood (Callek)

Apr 14, 2007, 2:03:41 AM4/14/07
On 4/14/07, Worr...@yahoo.com <Worr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Odd that when I saved that page to my comp. to look at with
> dreamweaver it would be a have one or two slight changes in the code.
>
> ~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-

Depending on the ver, dreamweaver can be... well.. odd, (very).

Worr...@yahoo.com

Apr 14, 2007, 2:52:38 AM4/14/07
to Elanthipedia Contributors
Okay so finally done with both, had a couple of adware things, but
nothing serious, it killed them. However I still am having the problem
with viewing the site.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-

Justin Wood (Callek)

Apr 14, 2007, 12:13:41 PM4/14/07
to Worr...@yahoo.com, Elanthipedia Contributors
Ok.... are you willing to download Firefox and try viewing it with that?

www.getfirefox.com

Naeya

Apr 26, 2007, 9:41:15 AM4/26/07
to Elanthipedia Contributors
Worrclan, are you still having this problem?