Elanthipedia Logo

Naeya

May 14, 2007, 10:35:41 AM5/14/07
to Elanthipedia Contributors
I took a quick crack at making a new logo for Elanthipedia. You can
see it here:

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Image:Elanthipedialogo.JPG

I am really horrible with graphics (though I know what I like). If
anyone is able to do a better job and wouldn't mind putting something
together similar to what I already have (or even something completely
different, just with Elanthipedia somewhere on it) go ahead! Feel
free to upload the images here or at Elanthipedia, up to you.

I'm really not the best with Photoshop or other programs. I made that
images in Paint! LOL Ideally I'd like it to be similar to the current
logo only in that the background seems to be transparent (ie, you can
see the header image behind it).

~Naeya

Rob Wiltbank

May 14, 2007, 10:56:53 AM5/14/07
to Naeya, Elanthipedia Contributors
I put up a real simple transparent gif with the name and the DR map...

Becuase the name of the wiki is so long it's hard to do something nice
with it -- not to mention that pretty effects like dropshadows don't
always play well with transparency unless the background you're
putting it on is solid.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Image:Logo1.gif

--
"...Quoth the penguin, 'pipe grep more.'"

Rob Wiltbank
Lackey@Large

Rob Wiltbank

May 14, 2007, 11:03:14 AM5/14/07
to Naeya, Elanthipedia Contributors
Thinking a bit more about this -- if you'd like to have a bit more
real-estate on the webpage for a nicer logo, you may want to consider
making one of the other packages skins the default skin or even
finding a new skin that you like.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=skin