FW: Opportunity for Collaboration: Athenian STEM Programs

trici...@txgcp.org

Mar 4, 2024, 9:51:13 PMMar 4
to Central Texas K12 STEM Outreach, dfw-k12-st...@googlegroups.com, East Texas K12 STEM Outreach Group, el-paso-k12-...@googlegroups.com, houston-k-12-...@googlegroups.com, laredo-k-12-...@googlegroups.com, rio-grande-valley-...@googlegroups.com, san-antonio-k1...@googlegroups.com, waco-k-12-s...@googlegroups.com, west-texas-k12...@googlegroups.com

I'm reaching out on behalf of Athenian, a club dedicated to empowering girls in middle and high school to pursue highly-skilled, high-income careers in transportation industries - everything from race cars to rockets.

As Athenian continues to grow and expand across the USA with our move from the Bay Area to Huntsville, we are actively seeking strategic STEM partners who share our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives. Our program focuses exclusively on girls, providing them with the training, skills, and portfolio pieces necessary to excel in these sought-after positions.

I'm excited to share that we have three flagship summer programs: FABcamp, our Driving Academy, and our recently introduced book series Charms. Our virtual FABcamp explores all of the careers and wonders of different modes of transportation while our Driving Academy provides hands-on training for girls who are interested in the design, engineering, and business aspects of the automotive and motorsports industry. Charms is the story of STEM exploration told through the eyes of a young 15-year-old inventor with a new novella introduced each month.

We're currently offering a grant opportunity for collaborative partners interested in hosting an in-person camp of our virtual FABcamp at their location. The grant application deadline is weeks away and grants are being allotted on a rolling basis as applications are received.

I believe that our partnership could greatly benefit both our organizations and, more importantly, the aspiring young girls we aim to support. I look forward to the opportunity to work together in the future. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or would like to discuss this further.