DocumentNotFoundException breaks java.io.Serializable contract?

Jeff Larsen

Feb 8, 2016, 10:33:33 AM2/8/16
to ektorp-discuss
I am having trouble with DocumentNotFoundException in a multi-tiered application (EJB container).

java.lang.Throwable implements java.io.Serializable, thus any Exception should also be serializable for over-the-wire transfer. DocumentNotFoundException does declare a serialVersionUID, but contains a reference to abstract class JsonNode, which in my case has the implementation class of com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.node.ObjectNode. Neither JsonNode nor ObjectNode are declared Serializable, so when I try to pass a DocumentNotFoundException over the wire to a client, I get a NotSerializableException.

Is this an Ektorp issue, a Jackson issue, or my issue?

Suggestions for moving forward from here will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff